Auto-organize problem

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

_morten_

Auto-organize problem

Post by _morten_ » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:09 am

Hi forum.

There is something i want MM to do but i havent figured out if this is possible or not, maybe it needs scripting (but i havent been able to find a script for it yet). I also did a search on the forum for anyone with similar problems, but my connection is really slow at the moment so browsing through the forum takes a loooong time. So sorry in advance if this problem has been posted before.

Anyway i have a lot of files where i only have one file from a particular artist's album. But i also have a lot of artists where i have the entire album (and sometimes single files as well). I decided to delete all album tags from songs that were not part of an album (this way i can sort by album and easily find cluster of files that are actually part of a whole album i have, besides i think it looks more clean). Originally wanted to use this auto-organize rule: D:\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Artist> - <Title> , but the problem is that now i get "unknown" folders for all files that does not have an album in the tag. So D:\Music\<Artist>\unknown\<Artist> - <Title> . Is it possible to make media monkey only create a new folder for the albums IF the files have an album tag assigned? So for a song with no album in the tag the rule would be :\Music\<Artist>\<Artist> - <Title> , and for songs with album in the tag: D:\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Artist> - <Title>

I'm not sure if its possible to use IF sentences in the auto-organize rule, i havent been able to make it work anyway. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance
Morten

_morten_

Re: Auto-organize problem

Post by _morten_ » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:12 am

By the way i use MM Gold 3.0.1.1127

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:44 am

D:\Music\<Artist>\$If(<Album>,<Album>\)<Artist> - <Title>

You may want to consider upgrading to MediaMonkey 3.2.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

_morten_

Post by _morten_ » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Thanks man, worked like a charm :)

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:20 pm

nice to see ya back morten hope you get a faster connection some time where you can be here faster and then get back to your job or school work faster. don't be such a stanger you missed diddeleedoo he showed up here a week or so back he's doing fine but he too, has a slow connection now. like i said don't be a stranger and see if you can rope steegy and get him to swing back in to the tree now and then., 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

make-mm

Post by make-mm » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi nohitter151

Thanks for this hint:

Code: Select all

$If(<Album>,<Album>\)
Is there anywhere, where stuff like this is documented? I'm new to the MM world and just wish I had found this post two weeks ago :(

Cheers

CoRsU

Post by CoRsU » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:37 am

Check the Wiki for more informations:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... s_Examples

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:03 am

make-mm wrote:Hi nohitter151

Thanks for this hint:

Code: Select all

$If(<Album>,<Album>\)
Is there anywhere, where stuff like this is documented? I'm new to the MM world and just wish I had found this post two weeks ago :(

Cheers
http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/f ... ormats.htm
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

make-mm

Post by make-mm » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Many thanks to the two of you CoRsU & nohitter151!

This works great :D