Media Keys Not working For MediaMonkey

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Media Keys Not working For MediaMonkey

Post by nohitter151 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:05 am

Drewbie wrote: MEDIA MONKEY DEVELOPERS PLEASE START INCLUDING THIS COMMAND BY DEFAULT IN FUTURE RELEASES .....
THESE DAYS EVERYONE THAT USES THIS PROGRAM HAS A REMOTE AND OR MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARDS THAT ALMOST NEVER
WORK BY DEFAULT. I MEAN IT'S ONE LINE AND IT COULD SAVE THOUSANDS OF HEADACHES , WHAT GIVES????? :-?
This is not a "fix", it's the old style of grabbing hotkeys and it steals the keys from other applications; some security applications and antivirus apps don't like this way of catching hotkeys and report MM as a keylogger or virus.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Jamaal

Post by Jamaal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:21 pm

I appreciate the effort and response, however this does not solve my issue. My media keys still work fine with certain programs focused like chrome or MM, but when i'm on my desktop or in a folder they don't do anything.

meat-biscuit

Post by meat-biscuit » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:28 am

great - works a treat - thanks! :D

Drewbie

Post by Drewbie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:39 am

This is not a "fix", it's the old style of grabbing hotkeys and it steals the keys from other applications; some security applications and antivirus apps don't like this way of catching hotkeys and report MM as a keylogger or virus.
yeah maybe so ,,,,, but it works most of the time
and causes you no stress saves headaches and puts the burden on the other apps.
my point is 'the fix' requires way too much coding and you'll never get all the different keyboards and remotes ,
but with this line most things will preform most of the time mostly .... yeah it doesn't work all the time but to
try to create a multimedia keyboard thing is crazy unless they standardize the key-code for 'play' and 'next' , etc, buttons
on every keyboard then their is no alternative. I mean work with what ya got, not offering a solution because its not as it should be
prevents others from being able to help make things as they should be. As you well know these multimedia keys are represented by
a string of numbers that vary by manufacturer. So by using a low level fix you wake these guys up and let them know that their
needs to be standardizing of multikeys ...like 'r' is 'r' is 'r' regardless and you can deal with that but if play is 567 on one and 808 (i love my 808)
on another then what are you supposed to do???
Like the other guy said, works a treat.... you are not responsible for compatibility with everything just for making a solid standing product
which it is .... and to that end we are only trying to help because we love what you have done thus far

I will try to be more brief in the future
the world is yourz. Keep up wit da scorz I have time for discourse if u really need help I might could figure it out fo shorez ....latz

Jamaal

Post by Jamaal » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:06 pm

markeh

Post by markeh » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Does this fix work for WinXP??

thnx,

Drewbie wrote:just for anyone's reference
the low level keys hook for multimedia keyboards should be in the OPTIONS part , not the SYSTEM section of the .ini file

THIS SHOULD ALSO FIX REMOTE ISSUES

fix yer multimedia keyboard or remote without fuss ...
1. close mediamonkey
2. go to >>>appdata\local\MediaMonkey\
3. open the MediaMonkey.ini file in notepad
4. add the following line to the [OPTIONS] section (make it the first line like this ....)

[Options]
PreferLLKeysHook=1

5. Save the file and close it
6. make new text file in this location, name it LLKeysHook.txt
7. paste and save the two lines so that you know what the line is and where it goes for the next time yer cat
hits the power button on your computer while your listening to music and your .ini file gets reset. BAD KITTY!!!! gggrrrrr :evil:
(This way if and when your .ini file gets reset you won't have to search these forums looking for this stupid line)

[Options]
PreferLLKeysHook=1

Darth Drache

Post by Darth Drache » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Found a workable solution.. after you have checked and made sure the "Use global hot keys" is checked in the settings.

Go to the application in the media monkey folder and right click> go to properties>Compatibility and check the "Run this program as an administrator" ensure this setting is applied for all users.

It worked for me and I am able to switch songs again during game-play.
I am currently using the Corsair K70 with no drivers or such installed.

GL

Darth

DonKarstedt

Post by DonKarstedt » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:41 pm

This problem was driving me crazy too. In my case it turned out to be my Chrome web browser was stealing control of my media buttons. I uninstalled my Google Music extension in Chrome, and the trouble stopped.

--DonK

Ky0suke

Post by Ky0suke » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:46 am

Another source of possible problems can be Google Chrome. If you have the 'Google Play Music' Extension installed on your chrome setup, it can take priority over the key press intended for your particular Media Player. Personal solutions I've found include: (1) removing the extension from Google Chrome, (2) adjusting the hotkeys utilized by Google Play Music, (3) adjust the Google Play Music setting so that it only intercepts keystrokes when Chrome is the active window.

Gebakkenei

Post by Gebakkenei » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:54 am

I used the PreferLLkeys solution.
Worked for me THANKS! :)

Source of the problem is probably Chrome indeed, but as a webdeveloper I have to have this open with all 'normal' options. So this was the best solution for me :)

Dedors

Post by Dedors » Wed May 04, 2016 9:51 am

It drove me crazy too. And it was that nasty chrome. For me I had a Plex addon activated.