Faster MM Loading

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jpindy13

Faster MM Loading

Post by jpindy13 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:26 pm

I an a newbie and have searched the forum vault and couldnt find an answer but I am sure there is one. Here we go.....I have about 80gb of music and everytime I start media monkey I have to WAIT for the files to be loaded. Is there a setting on MM that as long as I dont add or subtract music and the files are the same it will automatically load without me selecting on the left hand side directory? And a way to autoload it quickly ? THx guys

Lowlander

Re: Faster MM Loading

Post by Lowlander » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Not sure what you mean.

MediaMonkey remembers what node you had selected in the ExplorerTree when you shut down and will show it again on startup. Also make sure you maintain a minimal Now Playing as this takes a long time to load as each file needs to be read (not the database).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Al4MM

Post by Al4MM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:10 am

Go to Tools / Options / Library / File Monitor and deselect the Start-up scan
If you add tracks without MM being open you will have to manually scan to add the files into your library

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:35 pm

empty the now playing playlist when you exit mediamonkey so he don't reload that list.
just make a blank playlist and change to it when you close.

also on win xp get priority static control. program from majorgeeks.com and use it to set the priority of mediamonkey.exe to high or realtime. that program will make it stay at your wanted setting after the reboot of the computer,. just doing it by xp's task manager won't keep the setting it will revert after the reboot.

on windows 7 you can do that with the task manager and it will keep the setting after the reboot.

but running it in faster priority will give it more cpu cylcles to start faster.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.