Pop up windows popping back behind Library window

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Drewbie

Pop up windows popping back behind Library window

Post by Drewbie »

SO I searched the forum and could not find and answer to this topic
I recently reinstalled media monkey and something is wrong
I really dont want to go through reinstalling and rebuilding my library
and setting everything up again and I remember seeing something about fixing this issue before
and of course, I can't find it now that I am affected

Anyway

every window except the web tag feature pops up behind media monkey since the window (options or track properties etc) steals the focus from the library I cannot minimize the screen or in anyway use MM until the pop up is closed
to edit trax or deal with the pop up I have to hit the icon in the tray to send MM Library there then I can access the popup window ,,,,make changes ,,,,close it ....and restore MM from the tray.

So can someone tell me how to fix my windows popping back instead of forward

Also if a second pop up is executed from the options menu, specifically trying to set up the auto organize masks
this new window pops up somewhere but I cant even see it whether MM is on the library or in the tray I only see the original options window and have to hit escape or kill the program to get the invisible window to go away,
once it does I can access the original options menu , close it and return to using the library

anyway this is really getting on my nerves it is not intermediate problem it happens with every window
for weeks now ....I have minilyrics and monkeyflow installed and embedded I use a 3rd party theme
I have some trial visual thing installed that i almost never use I also use shoutcast to broadcast sometimes
I hope none of these are responsible but you never know ,....incidentally there was a time when I had all the
same stuff installed as i do now and everything worked just fine .....so I dunno

Thanx for any help ........btw I love this program and want you guys to figure out how to embed vlc player
so i can watch my music videos and edit them like regular trax and keep them indexed in the library
just a thought
the world is yourz. Keep up wit da scorz I have time for discourse if u really need help I might could figure it out fo shorez ....latz
Lowlander

Re: Pop up windows popping back behind Library window

Post by Lowlander »

What addons (especially those that create panels) do you have installed? What version of MediaMonkey do you have installed?

With me Alt+Tab used to work, but I no longer experience this problem.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Minilyrics with the embedder can cause this issue if your Minilyrics is set to "Always on top".
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Drewbie

Post by Drewbie »

After much tom foolery I found that minilyrics was not the culprit , it was monkeyflow.

When MonkeyFlow was installed regardless of whether visible or not , the windows and popup dialogs
would 'popback' behind the main library. When MonkeyFlow was not installed everything was fine, windows popped up and lyrics rolled by.

I reinstalled MonkeyFlow and then after an hour or two of listening to music and editing (windows continuing to popback)
I switched to miniplayer for a bit and when I switched back to library view viola everything is popping up as it should.
I dont know what happened to cause this but I am stoked....finally every aspect of media monkey (lyrics, monkeyflow, popup windows and toolbars)
is/are functioning correctly.

This issue has been resolved ...thanks for your input guys
the world is yourz. Keep up wit da scorz I have time for discourse if u really need help I might could figure it out fo shorez ....latz
Ze Chourico

Post by Ze Chourico »

After much searching and reading, it is finally resolved. For now, anyway.
In my case it was the Minilyrics thing. Unchecking "always on top" did it for me.
I am also using Monkeyflow, but i would rather not touch that, as it is running almost well, after many years of trying it and giving up.
Thanks.

Drewbie

Post by Drewbie »

for some odd reason i came across my own post :lol:

I am seeking to prevent minilyrics from taking up valuable real eastate in media monkey by keeeping it floating.
In doing so i have no need for the embedder thing because i dont want a panel at all ... if this is you then
you can go to minilyrics advanced settings and find one that will set it to show in tray only .....this way you can access all of its functions from tray w/o embedded and w/o having it take up space on task bar

so all is well in the universe ....surf on