Page 1 of 1

Removal of Duplicates [Playlist Issue]

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:00 pm
by anonymust
Ok I really love MediaMonkey.. best thing since i deleted iTunes. :P


But I buy a trade my music from friends. And as a music lover I am always looking for better quality songs! [bitrate] so I end up with huge duplicates!

My issue now is when I am deleting the songs from my drive (via MMonkey) that have the most horrible bitrate. Song of the songs are on saved playlist(s)....

Is there a way my Monkey can tell me the song I am about to delete from "Library and Computer" is currently in a playlist? So that i can replace the crappy one with the good quality one in the playlist?

P.s. I think some of you know what I mean... so plz help me out!

P.s.s (and yes I do listen to all my duplicates and determine which ones aren't worth keeping)

Re: Removal of Duplicates [Playlist Issue]

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:09 pm
by Onweerwolf
Check out this script: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=13000

It is a bit advanced and will take some time to understand, but it does exactly what you want.

Re: Removal of Duplicates [Playlist Issue]

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:33 pm
by anonymust
Onweerwolf wrote:Check out this script: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=13000

It is a bit advanced and will take some time to understand, but it does exactly what you want.
-_- Very advanced indeed! I guess this calls for some serious reading... Will read the full topic and everyones else replies.


P.s..... Isn't there something simpler..... say a plugin that "Doesn't allow you to delete a song if its in a playlist!"

Re: Removal of Duplicates [Playlist Issue]

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:34 pm
by MusicBringer
anonymust wrote:P.s. I think some of you know what I mean... so plz help me out!
P.s.s (and yes I do listen to all my duplicates and determine which ones aren't worth keeping)
anonymust, I think we all have this problem; for ever striving to retain the best sounding version.
For me, I do this when the duplicate comes my way. I know we are always busy, but for me this is important, so I verify which version I wanna keep at the time I am presented with the alternative. Sorted.
And sometimes I wanna retain both copies, so I mark them accordingly and keep both versions; why not.

Re: Removal of Duplicates [Playlist Issue]

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:29 am
by anonymust
MusicBringer wrote: anonymust, I think we all have this problem; for ever striving to retain the best sounding version.
For me, I do this when the duplicate comes my way. I know we are always busy, but for me this is important, so I verify which version I wanna keep at the time I am presented with the alternative. Sorted.
And sometimes I wanna retain both copies, so I mark them accordingly and keep both versions; why not.

Yea I feel you.. I do this with Compilation albums... and EP's.... I just rate the most horrible sounding one with a Bomb! ( Zero Rating)
but i only do this if the song is part of an album....

But for singles.. then yea its more of an issue for single tracks that weren't on al album