No SPDIF Signal on M-Audio Mixer with new software

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bryrohr

No SPDIF Signal on M-Audio Mixer with new software

Post by bryrohr » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:43 pm

As a Media Monkey Gold user I downloaded the new version the other day and now I cannot get any digital signal to my DAC and there is no SPDIF signal present on my M-Audio mixer as there once was prior to downloading the new version. I have ASIO For All as my output plug-in and all settings seem the same as they were before. The balanced outputs of the M-Audio card are active and have sound but I get no SPDIF audio signal, however, as I change from 44.1K, 48K and 96K files the sampling lights on my DAC change too indicating there is data, just no audio.
Thanks for your help everyone, I'd be lost without you!

Eyal

Re: No SPDIF Signal on M-Audio Mixer with new software

Post by Eyal » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:44 pm

bryrohr wrote: I get no SPDIF audio signal, however, as I change from 44.1K, 48K and 96K files the sampling lights on my DAC change too indicating there is data, just no audio.
Can it be that Volume=0 or Mute button in MM?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

bryrohr

Post by bryrohr » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:42 pm

Unfortunately not. I get sound from the balanced analog outputs of the M-Audio Audiophile 192 sound card but no sound from the digital SPDIF output of the card. And when I open the M-Audio mixer panel there is no signal on the meters of the SPDIF channels. Everything was fine until I downloaded version 4 of Media Monkey.

EkW

Post by EkW » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:56 pm

I had a similar problem. After setting the output plug-in the tracks played but there was no output. Checked the volume and mute controls: no effect. I decided to try all of the options on the configure dialog. The "shift output channels" setting was key for me. Changed it from 0 to 1 and music started coming through the system. I also set the buffer to 63.

What do the "Use direct input monitor" and the resampling options do? The sound seemed to change when switching the "use direct input monitor" option. What is it doing?

Glad to have music again.
Eric

EkW

Post by EkW » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Update to previous post. Noticed that was getting only one channel. Changed the 'Shift output channels' option from 1 to 2 and got both channels.
EkW

bryrohr

Post by bryrohr » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Changing the settings in ASIO plug in to output two tracks does then give me signal on the SPDIF output faders of the M-Audio mixer and audio out at SPDIF, however, everytime I close Media Monkey the settings don't save and revert back to 0 tracks and buffer level of 7. Even if I click ok exiting both panels. Are you having this issue too?

EkW

Post by EkW » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:56 pm

I've been away from the forum for a while, so sorry for the late reply. Yes, I have encountered the same failure of MM4 to save my output settings. Sounds like we should generate bug reports on this.
Eric

MMan

Post by MMan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:51 pm

I am experienccing the same problem with tha ASIO Plugin, anyone know how to retain the settings?

Otello

Post by Otello » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:42 am

I remember I had the same problem with MM 3.x (With MM V.4 I use the wasapi driver, which has a better gapless mode and the same sound quality).
I suspect the problem came out after a minor MM upgrade, as at the beginning I was able to save my settings, but I cannot be sure, as you don't change the ASIO settings every day.

Anyway, the ASIO settings are stored in the file \Programs\MediaMonkey\Plugins\plugin.ini; as a workaround, I edited the ini file with notepad and it worked.

P.S. If you want both stereo channels, shift MUST be an even number, for example with RME AIO 0 is the analogue output, 2 is digital via RCA, 4 is digital via XLR.