Move Player in MM4

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

TerrierJack

Move Player in MM4

Post by TerrierJack »

I cannot figure out a way to move the player. When I display it under "View" it comes up on the bottom half-obscured by what looks like a progress bar. I see no way to grab it and move it somewhere where it can actually be used. Had high hopes for 4 and obviously that was wishful thinking. (In 3 I somehow manage to make it appear on the right side but I can't recall how to do what should be a simple feature.) I wish instead of wasting all this effort on video integratation that you guys had done a better job just making the program work. (I'm gold and it is the best music manager but it is practically unusable for any other purpose. I use my sound card's player and drag and drop. It works much better. I also don't care for the wasted skinning efforts - I use Window Blinds which works for everything except programs that decide that they need to control my UI.)
Lowlander

Re: Move Player in MM4

Post by Lowlander »

I think it depends on which Windows you're using. But on XP I can move the Vitreous skin player by click (drag & drop) just left or right of the progress slider (where the times show).
glennergy

Post by glennergy »

I have a similar question -- in MM4, which I just installed, I can get the player to move, but I can't get my "Now Playing" window to move from being the far-right column to being a row under the main window (i.e. under the main song display window. It was simple to do in MM3.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you enable the Titlebar in the Now Playing window and use it to drag & drop the Now Playing Window?
glennergy

Post by glennergy »

There is what looks like a title bar... the regular header row which has the titles of each column below it (e.g. "Artist," "Year" etc.)

That bar doesn't allow me to grab it and move.

Is there another title bar? And if so, where do I right-click to turn it on above the "Now Playing" column?

(FYI -- I have the title bar turned on on the far left column, and can see where to to turn that one on/off. But can't locate it for play)

thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, use Right click in Now Playing and enable View > Show Titlebar (move window)
glennergy

Post by glennergy »

Ahhhh, thank you! What a relief to get back to my preferred Mediamonkey setup! All's well with life when all's well with Mediamonkey! ;-)