MM4 not listing all music in my collection

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

peppergomez

MM4 not listing all music in my collection

Post by peppergomez » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:17 am

Not sure why, but MM4 isn't listing all the music in my collection. All the files are mp3s (I have the full version of MM4 and the codec pack) and are in the same root folder (My Music Collection), and are not set to hidden. I know they are there because I have done a search in Windows and confirmed that the files are there. As far as I know, there's no way MM should be missing them, because I've confirmed that all subfolders in the master folder are checked.

Even doing an Add/rescan tracks to library and manually checking a few of the folders that I know aren't showing up in MM isn't working- the mp3s never appear. Nor do I get an error message about not being able to import the tracks.

I am looking at a folder that has 7 mp3 files in it- I navigated to this folder in the Add/rescan function and pressed OK, and the MM popup shows that MM imported 0 files.

This makes me wonder how many other mp3s isn't adding.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, and if there's a setting in MM I can adjust to ensure this doesn't keep happening?

I opened iTunes and these files appear, so not sure why MM keeps skipping them.
Thanks.

Lowlander

Re: MM4 not listing all music in my collection

Post by Lowlander » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:56 am

Enable the Entire Library Collection and confirm there the files are missing. Most likely they're of the Classical Music Type and thus listed under Classical Music instead of Music.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

peppergomez

Post by peppergomez » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:13 am

Ahh, good theory. Yes, a lot (or all of) the missing tracks are classical music.

The distinction between Music and Classical Music is not one I want MM to be making. I hope there's a way to undo that- I will look and see.

Thanks.

peppergomez

Post by peppergomez » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 am

Lowlander wrote:Enable the Entire Library Collection and confirm there the files are missing. Most likely they're of the Classical Music Type and thus listed under Classical Music instead of Music.
I poked around in MM4 and looked in the Help content, but don't see an explanation of how to Enable Entire Library Collection. How might I do this?
Thanks.

BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:21 am

Tools/Options/Library/Media Tree - Entire Library - check Visible box
Everyone has the right to be stupid Image but some abuse the privilege

peppergomez

Post by peppergomez » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks!