(re)create thumbnail for videos

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

tommycrock

(re)create thumbnail for videos

Post by tommycrock »

I've recently had to do a clean installation of windows and fortunately was able to restore my database from a trixmoto Backup. However, I didn't have a backup of the folder where MM creates all of the video thumbnails (doubly annoying for the ones I'd custom chosen). Now in mediamonkey I don't see any thumbnail, I guess because it thinks one exists that it can't access. Is there any way I can force MM to recreate all of my thumbnails? I can do this manually by selecting a file, right-clicking in the art preview and selecting save thumbnail - but not really for several hundred files... :-?
Hoping someone can help :)
tommycrock

Re: (re)create thumbnail for videos

Post by tommycrock »

Actually, I've helped myself. Using another of trixmoto's magic scripts I've removed the old links (Album Art Tagger option 7)and then rescanned the files. Hey presto
donector

Re: (re)create thumbnail for videos

Post by donector »

tommycrock wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:24 pm Actually, I've helped myself. Using another of trixmoto's magic scripts I've removed the old links (Album Art Tagger option 7)and then rescanned the files. Hey presto
that's great! this is the fix, i hope mm developers include a checking of the link to the internal thumbnail when scanning videos, othersiwe mm will always be stuck asuming it has thumbnail when it does not