ISRC on Explorer-like window

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Jay911

ISRC on Explorer-like window

Post by Jay911 »

Hi all,
I have a piece of equipment which saves .wav files while operating and encodes various data in the meta tags of each file it creates. One of them is in the ISRC tag, and it's data I want to sort on. I've used MediaMonkey for several years to manipulate this collection of .wav files, and it would appear that either I can't find it or MM is not supporting display of the ISRC tag in what I call the "Explorer" window - the main window, which shows me all the wav files when I navigate to the correct folder on my hard disk from the Media Tree and select the "All" entry inside said folder.

I've searched the forums and even followed a couple links to the Mantis bug-reporting system a few times with regards to this and don't see a clear indication that this has been reported by anyone else - I see similar issues but not mine. I know I can view ISRC on the Details tab of the properties page for a single file, but with the potential to have 10,000+ files to look over depending on what my device has been doing, it's a bit tedious to do that.

Are there plans to allow the user to view the ISRC column in the Explorer window? If it's already there, how do I access it - because using the "choose columns" function doesn't bring it up for me.

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: ISRC on Explorer-like window

Post by Lowlander »

Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

Please help me understand why it's not possible to get this feature added. I saw Mantis ticket 6750 in my earlier search, and the best info I can find with a resolution is the closing info on 6751, which says "Already in MM4". Well, I have MM 4.0.5 installed, and it's not there.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Those cover the Column Browser 6750 has not been resolved and covers the addition of the ISRC field to the Column Browser. 6751 covers changing the amount of columns shown in the Column Browser which is already implemented (it doesn't cover adding specific fields as that is 6750). 9432 is new and covers the addition of the ISRC column to the Filelisting which is what you're requesting (seems to me).
feline1

Post by feline1 »

Hi, bumping this as I have the same query - why can't I add the ISRC field to the columns shown in the main window?