Auto Playlist filtering

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

anonymust

Auto Playlist filtering

Post by anonymust » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:23 am

How can I create a auto playlist based on the following few criteria?
1) Date added to library
2) most recent rated 4starts or higher ( my guess it would have to read the file's last tagging date [timestamp])

Basically, I want new songs AND songs that I have either changed the rating of AND newly rated songs to auto compile a playlist.

But I can expect conflicts when adding music to the library with old timestamps.

Is their a way I can have the timestamps updated automatically when a track is added to the library?
"MediaMonkey is the shizzle my nizzle" - Snoop Dogg

Lowlander

Re: Auto Playlist filtering

Post by Lowlander » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:46 am

anonymust wrote:Is their a way I can have the timestamps updated automatically when a track is added to the library?
No (unless you manually edit files when added to the Library).

Using Timestamp for last rated would also be problematic if you do any other tagging operation. Also you can't sort on Added AND Timestamp as Added would cancel Timestamp sort. You could use criteria like Added < 14 days and Timestamp < 14 days though.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

SwelterTheChef

Post by SwelterTheChef » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:29 am

Apologies for hijacking a thread, but I am trying to create a basic 3Gb Auto playlist, of just random tracks from my library but only seem to get the first 3Gb of my library each time.
What settings would I need to put into the auto playlist config to get a genuine random selection each time?

Also is there a way to limit the amount of any one artist that is featured in a playlist? Say if I don't want more than two songs by the same band/artist in the whole playlist?

Thanks in advance

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:02 am

SwelterTheChef wrote:Apologies for hijacking a thread, but I am trying to create a basic 3Gb Auto playlist, of just random tracks from my library but only seem to get the first 3Gb of my library each time.
What settings would I need to put into the auto playlist config to get a genuine random selection each time?

Also is there a way to limit the amount of any one artist that is featured in a playlist? Say if I don't want more than two songs by the same band/artist in the whole playlist?

Thanks in advance

Limit tracks by artist: no.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

SwelterTheChef

Post by SwelterTheChef » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:49 am

many Thanks :D

misplacedamerican

Post by misplacedamerican » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:34 am

Is it possible to create a playlist using percentages?

I would like to create a playlist with the following criteria

40% 5 stars
30% 4 stars
20 % 3 stars
5% 2 stars
5% 1 star

This way if I am using autorate accurate, I can continually update my ratings and listen to a majority of the songs I like at the same time

Any suggestions?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:59 am

No, it has been requested. With a workaround you could something alike. You can create an AutoPlaylist per rating limited to x files and then an AutoPlaylist that includes all those rating AutoPlaylists.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:18 am

Lowlander wrote:No, it has been requested. With a workaround you could something alike. You can create an AutoPlaylist per rating limited to x files and then an AutoPlaylist that includes all those rating AutoPlaylists.
Or do the same 5 playlists like Lowlander mentioned but use in combination with this addon:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ts#p328195
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.