Cannot change player skin

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DC

Cannot change player skin

Post by DC » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi,

today I upgraded from 3.2.5 to 4.0.6. So far so good. The appearance of the new player (bottom of MM window) does not look very good though. I liked the MM 3.x version better. It seems I cannot get that back so I tried a few skins, e.g. Fusion or G-Monkey. However, they are replacing the icon set in the toolbars and menu only. The player stays the same. According to the preview screenshots this should work:

Already tried it with and without the "Override skin theme with windows system theme" option. No discernible effect. This is on Win7 64bit. Any ideas? What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks.

nohitter151

Re: Cannot change player skin

Post by nohitter151 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:51 pm

It sounds like you are using the unskinned version of MM, but you should upload a screenshot of what your MM looks like to be sure.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

DC

Post by DC » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Thanks - that's it, I was using the non-skinned version. Actually, I selected that during install so it probably works as designed. My misconception was that I was under the impression that unsetting the "Override skin theme with windows system theme" option would make the skins work (aka skinned version). Maybe it can be clarified more in the options that those options do not have any effect if you are using the non-skinned version.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:32 pm

That's a bug, that option should work regardless of what has been chosen during installation.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)