QUESTIONS - Is there any way , from within MM, to:
1) find a track and create a windows shortcut to that track?
2) assoicate files with a track?
Reason I ask is that I am learning guitar , and want to build up an e-library of material for a given song, as a learning tool when in front of the computer. If want to learn IMAGINE, I want to be able to quickly access, tabs, sheets, backing tracks, videos etc for IMAGINE. Some of this material is on my computer, some on the web, and some are tracks in MM. I want to pull them all together.
I see three optiosn here
1) WINDOWS EXPLORER - For now, I have a very simple, but effective file structure. All my songs are in their own directoey, and I have a subdirectroy for eah leranng aid ( ie \tabs , \chords, \demos, \covers, \lessons, \media)., but I need a way to link the track in MM. I can create a shortcut directly to the media OUTSIDE of MM, but was looking for a clearner way as Its easier to use MM to searach fro sing and THEN create the shorcut.
2) MEDIAMONKEY - I could do the reverse , organize with MM, but I do not see a way to link to other files or web links
3) DATABASE APP - A while back I hds this all done in an MS access app, when MM was an MDB file, but I am kind of lost now as ist no longer in the format.
Hence my questions ..