Create Playlist of Duplicates w/ specific Extensions???

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jennylynne

Create Playlist of Duplicates w/ specific Extensions???

Post by jennylynne » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 am

Hi, again!

I've tried looking through the forum for the answer to this, but it seems that everyone else just wants to eliminate duplicates from their playlists. Can't imagine why. :P

I am converting all of my .m4p files to .mp3 files. I want to verify that I have one .mp3 for every .m4p.

I can't use the built-in duplicate check functionality because that also pulls in all of my songs in multiple albums -- for example, I have the Anthology albums and The Red and The Blue albums for The Beatles as well as the albums the songs originally appeared on and I want the multiple versions because they vary.

Really, what I would like is a playlist of .m4p files that don't have matching .mp3 files, but I'd be happy with one where I can visually verify that there are matching files. Is there a way to do this?

I attempted to create a playlist of .m4p and a playlist of .mp3 and a third list that contained both but of course, the third list came up empty. I cannot figure out how to tell the third list to pull all the songs that are in both, ignoring the filename/extension. It seems like it would be simple logic.

Thanks in advance for any help!

J.

Lowlander

Re: Create Playlist of Duplicates w/ specific Extensions???

Post by Lowlander » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 am

I doubt this is possible and at the very least an addon would need to be used. Furthermore by your own description you have the problem where you may have multiple MP4 copies of the same song from multiple Albums, but may only have one MP3 copy and thus miss several MP3 copies. I suggest checking out the Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix addon and see if can be of any help: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... +duplicate

But why are you keeping 2 copies (MP4 and MP3) of each song?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

jennylynne

Re: Create Playlist of Duplicates w/ specific Extensions???

Post by jennylynne » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm a hoarder.

Oh, no...really. This is a temporary thing. I don't want to get rid of the .m4p files until I'm sure I've converted them all. I have previously made "rush to judgement" calls where I thought I had backups and deleted things (not just music, though that's the most recent victim) only to come to rude awakenings. Once I'm sure they have all been converted, I will back them up to my "forget about it" drive. ;)

J.