(Auto) organize artists with special names?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MMuser2011

(Auto) organize artists with special names?

Post by MMuser2011 »

How do you organize artists (and titles) with special names like
"Brother" Jack McDuff
or
A★Teens
or
Trần Đai Dũng
or completely "unreadable" signs (at least for me) like
中国广播民族乐团

Do you create an albumartist without special characters?

How do you save it to your folders?
Do you remap the special chars or do you try to use this characters as far as possible?

What are the pros and cons?
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
rovingcowboy

Re: (Auto) organize artists with special names?

Post by rovingcowboy »

i do the same as with those i can read or are normal names.

C:\my music\<artist>\<album>\<genere>\<title>

so they are all set in the library by the name of the artist for me its easier to find that way.

but making the genere correct is a lot harder when you can't understand the words. so i listen to the style of music and if it sounds like big band then i put it in big band if it sounds like rock then it is in rock.

but if it sounds like techno computer music and rock i list it as techno and put the word or code i use for the rock playlist in the songs custom 3 field so the auto playlist for rock will find it and play it.

but the genere is correct that way.
:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Teknojnky

Re: (Auto) organize artists with special names?

Post by Teknojnky »

MMuser2011 wrote:How do you organize artists (and titles) with special names
Do you remap the special chars or do you try to use this characters as far as possible?
if you do not want the special characters in the filename, then you have to use the remap you linked.

it would be alot more convenient if there was an auto-organize option to use only ansi characters instead of having to remap all the non-ansi characters.

What are the pros and cons?
well if you are using vista/win7 then they should support pretty much any unicode characters so you don't necessarily have to remap anything unless you want english only chars.

some mp3 devices may not support or fully support unicode characters, and they will typically ignore them