"MediaMonkey has stopped working" HELP

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lern2swim

"MediaMonkey has stopped working" HELP

Post by Lern2swim »

I tried to open Mediamonkey today and got that message from windows, then a prompt asking if I wanted to send more info about the issue. It wouldn't stop, and I didn't find any answers through a google search, so I tried a fresh install. And then I tried installing again, and again. Each time, I got this same error message. Windows is listing 3 files in the Appdata\local\Temp folder that it says describe the problem, but, of course, there's nothing useful I can discern from them (If I should post them, let me know). I also get this same error message during the uninstall process.

I'm really at a loss. I used Revo Uninstaller on my second uninstall attempt to hopefully get rid of everything and anything that could have been causing the issue, but no luck. What do I do at this point?
Lowlander

Re: "MediaMonkey has stopped working" HELP

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log (step 4b) capturing the failure to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
Lern2swim

Post by Lern2swim »

I'm recreating the error with Debugview running, but nothing is being recorded by it (unless I'm misunderstanding how to use it)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you install the debug version of MediaMonkey? If you did you may need to run DBGView as Administrator to get logs.
Lern2swim

Post by Lern2swim »

Oop, went directly to 4b and missed that part. Will do so now.
Lern2swim

Post by Lern2swim »

Nope. Still getting nothing. Sent info through debug MM, but Debugview isn't logging anything at all, even when run as admin.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And you did install and are running the debug version of MediaMonkey?
Lern2swim

Post by Lern2swim »

Lowlander wrote:And you did install and are running the debug version of MediaMonkey?
Yeah. So, I was able to send the info via that for what it's worth. But Debugview isn't doing anything.
Lern2swim

Post by Lern2swim »

So, am I just pretty much screwed unless someone from MM actually gets back to me about the debug info I sent?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can always open a support ticket and go from there (and indicate you send automatic logs and include which email you used).
Lern2swim

Post by Lern2swim »

Done. Thanks.