Newbie questions: Playlists, "music" tab

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Newbie questions: Playlists, "music" tab

Post by nohitter151 »

lennyb8000 wrote:Well, I'm not sure what to say. It doesn't go back to the selected file for me, ever. It takes me to the very top. Which, again, isn't the end of the world.

One thing I did find that was disappointing is that, while I can group playlists together into categories in MediaMonkey (see my first post), it doesn't translate to my iPod. Of all the things, this might actually be a dealbreaker, since I mostly use just playlists and I love being able to categorize them so I'm not just scrolling through hundreds of them. Is anybody aware of a workaround for this? Maybe it's a gold feature? (I did a forum search and came up empty-handed, my guess is that this isn't a feature used by most people)
Not all iPods support this feature (hierarchical playlists). In fact only a few models do support it. But even then MM cannot sync them in that way. There's an open issue in the bug tracker regarding that particular feature, but hasn't been implemented yet as you know. see http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5371
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
psychoadept

Re: Newbie questions: Playlists, "music" tab

Post by psychoadept »

Lowlander wrote:However as both can reference a Static Playlist (to which you can manually add files) you can still manually add files to an Auto-Playlist or Collection (via the Static Playlist).
That's a good point.