Possible to search "Now Playing"?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Coldblackice

Possible to search "Now Playing"?

Post by Coldblackice » Thu May 23, 2013 8:32 pm

Is it possible to search only the "Now Playing" list?

I've got a long "Now Playing" list. I seem to remember seeing some type of search function for "Now Playing", but it eludes me. I'm not sure if I've disabled or resized something in the interface to hide it or do away with it, or if it was never a function to begin with.

If it's not possible, are there any plugins/extensions/scripts that can do it? The ability to have a "live" search, like Google's live-updated search results, in order to narrow down the results as you type, would be most wondrous, indeed.

Lowlander

Re: Possible to search "Now Playing"?

Post by Lowlander » Thu May 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Use the quick search in the Search toolbar and set the scope to File list, this will jump to the first search match when searching.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Coldblackice

Post by Coldblackice » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Hmm, it's not working.

There's a "quick search" box at the top right, and then there's a separate magnifying-glass search button next to it. The quick-search box appears to live-search/filter the main window of files, but with no (apparent) way to do the same with the Now Playing list.

I've also selected the drop-down menu of the magnifying glass icon and set it to "File List" and then clicked to search. It still does an entire library search, and not just within the "Now Playing" list.

I've also tried clicking on a song within Now Playing, in the hopes that it will garner the focus of either search function (the quick-search box and/or the magnifying glass button), but neither work.

Ideally, I'm looking for a search function like the "quick-search" box at the top right, except where it does it only for the "Now Playing" list. And if that's not possible, then ideally a way to search the "Now Playing" list, like pressing CTRL-F, and then only showing results from within the "Now Playing" list.

Is any of this possible?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Now Playing can't be filtered as it represents the list of files to be played. You can search the Now Playing by setting Quick Search to File List. This will jump to the first match instead of filtering (only showing matches).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)