Library Issues - Files not showing in tree

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

elgustav

Library Issues - Files not showing in tree

Post by elgustav »

I've just noticed this evening there seems to be something strange with my library whereby certain tracks are not showing under my usual browsing structure (Artist & Album Artist) yet if I browse via a different tree node it shows me all the tracks of an album.

I think it's similar to the issue posted here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=72903

For example, selecting the actual Artist & Album Artist node gives me a variety of albums with ~12 tracks in each (note the album artist is correctly defined)

Yet when I now select that artist within the list, it only shows some of the albums/songs:

Bear in mind this has been working fine up until recently so I'm a little confused.
Lowlander

Re: Library Issues - Files not showing in tree

Post by Lowlander »

I'd suggest starting with File > Maintain Library with complete optimization enabled. Based on the screenshots I don't see why the files aren't listed (I'd expect them to).
elgustav

Post by elgustav »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've now tried that but to no avail.

I have found that if I "update" any of the tracks e.g. edit the artwork for all files of an album, then they will correctly update to show under the album artist although I'd rather not have to do this to fix the problem.

I also don't have the option to unfold the tree to show those albums within the album artist:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's likely a database issue. You could capture the attempt to view the node and it's inability to expand (it should show the Albums if Album Artist has that value) in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69 They may require the database though.
elgustav

Post by elgustav »

Tried to create a debug log but it wasn't generating any lines to the debug apart from when I opened MM.

I cleared my database and re-added the files now anyway. I've lost my play count and playlists but it's not too much to worry about for me as I don't make much use of either function. My only worry was all my ratings that I'd done for approx. half my library but I realise that this is stored in the files' tags anyway so that's fine :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you install the debug version of MediaMonkey? It is required for a debug log. If it still fails try running DBGView as Administrator.