Indie; Dance;

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

chrismix

Indie; Dance;

Post by chrismix »

In MediaMonkey I just highlighted a bunch of songs in order to change some properties. Many are already multi-genre but I want to add another genre to the end of what's already there.

Some have genres like Rock; Nineties
others have just Rock
others may just have Dance
etc

I want to add Indie to the end of them all.

I want to get MediaMonkey to do this in one operation rather than go through hundreds one-by-one. Can it be done?
Lowlander

Re: Indie; Dance;

Post by Lowlander »

Select files, ctrl+drag the files onto the Indie Genre node in the Media Tree. That adds the Indie Genre to the existing Genres for the files.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Interesting. I have extensive genres and have never tried this before.....will test at some point.
Thanks Lowlander.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
chrismix

Post by chrismix »

You don't know how helpful that is!!!! So pleased, love this media player so much

╔══╦╦╦═╦═╦╦╗╔╦╦═╦╦╗
β•šβ•—β•”β•£β•©β•‘β•¬β•‘β•‘β•‘β•β•£β•‘β•‘β•‘β•‘β•‘β•‘β•‘
─║║║╦║║║║║║║╠╗║║║║║
β”€β•šβ•β•šβ•©β•©β•©β•©β•©β•©β•©β•β•šβ•β•©β•β•©β•β•