mediamonkey DSD and Sampling rates

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

mikemcsw

mediamonkey DSD and Sampling rates

Post by mikemcsw » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Does either the current version of a planned new version have the feature to change the output sampling rate?
I got a free sample of audiogate, and i really like that feature, sounds awesome, but their new version ONLY works with their DAC.
I would like to find a High Definition audio player that has a simple user interface (JRIVER is complex), that allows you to change the sampling rate.
also will it play dsd files and double dsd files (.dsf & .dff) ?
Last edited by mikemcsw on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lowlander

Re: mediamonkey features

Post by Lowlander » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

mikemcsw

Post by mikemcsw » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:47 pm

thanks, do you know if there is any player besides jriver and audiogate that will?

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:02 am

mikemcsw wrote:
thanks, do you know if there is any player besides jriver and audiogate that will?
VLC will play just about anything
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

sfz0357

DSF files

Post by sfz0357 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:33 am

Can Media Monkey play SHM SACD DSF files, 1 bit 2.8mhz files?

Re: DSF files

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:18 am

I was hoping you could tell us.

Mycenius

Re: mediamonkey DSD and Sampling rates

Post by Mycenius » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Just FWIW LMS (Logitech Media Server), both the Vortexbox install and the stand alone versions (e.g. on Windows) will play DSF (and I think DFF) files and stream them to both DSD enabled and non-DSD DACs (the latter as a PCM stream).

Back on the subject of Media Monkey is there anyway to manage DSF tags in MM - even though it cant' 'play' the files - or is that totally reliant on the CODEC being available for DSD? Can't seem to find anything on it by searching?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:13 pm

That's reliant on MediaMonkey. You can get playback working through WinAmp Plugins for unsupported formats, but tagging is always something that requires native implementation.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

EESS

Post by EESS » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:42 am

I'm using MediaMonkey since at least 7 years, it manages my increasing library, it's a kind of work place where I spent more then 1000 hrs tagging sorting evaluating music. Total library now 30.000 titles. I started with Musicmatch and mp3/128. Having new equipment I found out that higher sample rates in some cases bring acoustic advantage. More improved equipment lead to the impression that flac is in some cases better then mp3. The newest evidence is that DSD can improve sound considerably. And there the problem begins. My work invested in tagging in MediaMonkey would be lost if I had to change. I tried Foobar 2000 which seems only to understand dff but sounds great, I made a first trial with IRiver Media Center, can dsf and dff but seems to sound less good.
Any advice to enable me to play DSD (if possible without PCM- conversion) on MediaMonkey would be welcome. From the forum I understand that there is no intention to develop something, I will follow the hints for using Winamp plugin and the Logitech Vortex box.