How to remove music from MM without deleting it from PC

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

els.historian

How to remove music from MM without deleting it from PC

Post by els.historian »

Right now, MM is showing all of my music from various locations on my hard drive -including duplicates. I only want it to show music from a single folder. I don't want to delete the other music from my hard drive but rather I would like for MM to ignore everything except the music that is in one folder. I'm a MM newbie and I'm confused about how to do this. If I delete/remove the music from MM will it also delete the music from my hard drive?

Thanks for your help.
Lowlander

Re: How to remove music from MM without deleting it from PC

Post by Lowlander »

It will ask you if it should remove from Library only or from PC and Library. You can also remove folders from the Location node of any Collection (like Music).
els.historian

Post by els.historian »

That's perfect! Thank you for your help :D
N0M4D

Post by N0M4D »

Lowlander wrote:It will ask you if it should remove from Library only or from PC and Library. You can also remove folders from the Location node of any Collection (like Music).
I wish this were true. It used to give that option but when I went to remove flac files (from the Library) last week it gave no options and deleted the files off the drive as well. Bug? New behavior? What gives?

I'm using MM 4.1.1.1703 Gold on Win8
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Unless you're in the My Computer node where it will work like Windows Explorer, thus delete the files, or in the Now Playing node and disabled the notification MediaMonkey will ask if you want to delete from Library only or from Library and PC.