"Now Playing" Keeps Shrinking After Each Restart

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Galdoran

Re: "Now Playing" Keeps Shrinking After Each Restart

Post by Galdoran »

OK. Got some motivation to poke around the registry today and this is what I discovered.
(For testing purposes, I've renamed my Scripts directory to Scripts-OFF, renamed and deleted MediaMonkey.ini, even reinstalled the latest MM version 4.1.4.1709 - so, I have no extra extensions or scripts active. Even using the default skin.)

This setting seems to be kept in this registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Interface\V4\Toolbars\TBXPlaylistDock

And specifically the String Value:
DPDockedHeight

When I resize the playlist docked at the bottom of my window (for example, 10 rows high) and then close MediaMonkey, this registry value changes to: 247

When I restart MediaMonkey, the height of the playlist reverts to its 3 row "default" as per usual for me.

If I leave the playlist at this 3 row height and close MediaMonkey, the registry value changes to: 111

Repeated this several times trying different heights and it consistently saves the value on close, but reverts to 3 row height on restart.

I also tried deleting this registry key and restarting MM, which places the playlist at the default location of docked right and full height.
Closing MM rebuilds the registry key value.
Restart and move the playlist to bottom window dock position, resizing to 10 rows high.
Close MM which updates the registry value.
Restart and its back to 3 rows.

So it seems to me that MediaMonkey is "writing" the proper setting value to the registry, but just not "reading" from the same value at start up. But only the height value, and only when it is docked at the bottom.

Anyone got any other ideas I can try?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Could it possibly have something to do with skins?

After much messing around, I have finally go it to stick. Then later I changed the skin, and the problem returned.
So I have got it to stick again and am not changing my skin anymore. :(
At least until someone finds a fix. :wink:
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

MM is still doing it, guys.
Seems that no-one is interested in fixing it. It can't be that difficult.
I still think that MonkeyRok is playing a part in the problem. If I close MonkeyRok, then restart MM, "Now Playing" stays at the right size.