why images in my music library?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

paradive

why images in my music library?

Post by paradive »

when selecting "music" on the left pane, i can't see much of it cuz the top X listings are all images from my Pictures folder (and i have LOTS).

what gives?
doesn't MM know the difference?
MMFrLife

Re: why images in my music library?

Post by MMFrLife »

Left pane? Do you mean the "tree"? What are "top X listings"?

Go to: Files > Manage Collection > double-click Music > make sure Properties = type, Condition = equals, Value = Music, Classical Music
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
paradive

Post by paradive »

MMFrLife wrote:Left pane? Do you mean the "tree"? What are "top X listings"?

Go to: Files > Manage Collection > double-click Music > make sure Properties = type, Condition = equals, Value = Music, Classical Music
here's a screenshot...

https://app.box.com/s/8b6p1wl9vyg6ljd5raun

i don't see the properties you mentioned after double-clicking "music"
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

It is Property (not properties). Sorry

The criteria tab should be active by default. Under that are 3 columns: Property, Condition, Value.
under those columns should read <Add Search Criteria>. Double click that and follow the dialog box that pops up for the criteria I gave you.
When done, the result will show up under those colums. Click ok > ok.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
paradive

Post by paradive »

MMFrLife wrote:It is Property (not properties). Sorry

The criteria tab should be active by default. Under that are 3 columns: Property, Condition, Value.
under those columns should read <Add Search Criteria>. Double click that and follow the dialog box that pops up for the criteria I gave you.
When done, the result will show up under those colums. Click ok > ok.
not seeing that either.
another screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nh6xn328cl9e8xf/mm2.png

besides, i want it to display my whole music library,
not just one genre.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/Rescow ... sort=3&o=0

Do you see anything that looks like this after you go to File (part of menu at upper right border of MM) > Manage Collections > Music (look at the list that shows
up in collections)?

The "music" part of the tree is for the whole library as it is done by file type (music, classical music). But until we find out what's going on with the settings for yours, it's difficult to move forward.
😜
paradive

Post by paradive »

MMFrLife wrote:http://s100.photobucket.com/user/Rescow ... sort=3&o=0

Do you see anything that looks like this after you go to File (part of menu at upper right border of MM) > Manage Collections > Music (look at the list that shows up in collections
for it)?

The "music" part of the tree is for the whole library as it is done by type. But until we find out what's going on with the settings for yours, it's difficult to move forward.
ok.
new screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nr342gjht6iwbex/mm%203.PNG

note how the images are still showing up in the library, in spite of this behind that option screen.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

okay, but you are not going far enough. I need you to double-click on music (where it is in that last screenshot you provided, I'm not talking about check/uncheck) and show me a screenshot of your settings just like I showed of mine. It needs to look exactly like mine (except for the sharing stuff, don't worry about that right now)
😜
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

This is extremely confusing, MM shouldn't display .jpg files in the library.

Only way I could see it being possible is with some extra plugin or addon. Did you install anything like that?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
paradive

Post by paradive »

nohitter151 wrote:This is extremely confusing, MM shouldn't display .jpg files in the library.

Only way I could see it being possible is with some extra plugin or addon. Did you install anything like that?
nope.
vanilla install. :-?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

You "never really" confirmed whether you ever saw what I was talking about. You just kept posting screenshots of "essentially" the same thing.
😜
paradive

Post by paradive »

MMFrLife wrote:You "never really" confirmed whether you ever saw what I was talking about. You just kept posting screenshots of "essentially" the same thing.
what would you like to know?

i think the screenshots speak for themselves.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

It's pretty clear if you reread through the posts, but I will attempt to ask it another way:

Have you "ever", since you began using MM, seen anything like what's in the screenshot that "I" linked for you.
What I'm asking might not seem like it has any relevance, but it can alter the direction/approach in thinking about the issue.
It can tell me just how whacky a situation you might have going on here.

The original screenshot you sent only confirmed to me what you were saying and that's great and all. Now, can you confirm something for me?
I mean, the last screenshot you sent about how interesting it was that they still show up behind the Manage/Collections dialoge doesn't do anything for me because that's
actually what I would expect. Just having the Collections dialog "open" doesn't alter anything.
😜
paradive

Post by paradive »

MMFrLife wrote:It's pretty clear if you reread through the posts, but I will attempt to ask it another way:

Have you "ever", since you began using MM, seen anything like what's in the screenshot that "I" linked for you.
What I'm asking might not seem like it has any relevance, but it can alter the direction/approach in thinking about the issue.
It can tell me just how whacky a situation you might have going on here.

The original screenshot you sent only confirmed to me what you were saying and that's great and all. Now, can you confirm something for me?
I mean, the last screenshot you sent about how interesting it was that they still show up behind the Manage/Collections dialoge doesn't do anything for me because that's
actually what I would expect. Just having the Collections dialog "open" doesn't alter anything.
so, uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... what would you like me to confirm?

sorry, i'm pretty frustrated.
now it's listing 2 of every (music) file.
it just doesn't end.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Wow, you just quoted me telling you again what I wanted you to do.
Read it again and click on the link I gave you, did you even see that link in the earlier post?
Get back to me after to you've clicked on the link and viewed it and answer the question "have you ever seen anything like that in your MM program (just that dialog box in general).
😜