Pressing "next track" button skip 2 songs..

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

popo

Pressing "next track" button skip 2 songs..

Post by popo »

Hello,

I have an issue which issue when i press next track button on my keyboard, it'll skip 2 songs VERY often.

It also works with previous track button. It doesn't seem to be happening when the app is on 1st plan.

It happens when apps is in the background or minimized. I installed last version, no change.

Help?
MMFrLife

Re: Pressing "next track" button skip 2 songs..

Post by MMFrLife »

I assume you are talking about the next track button of the media keys area of your keyboard.

It could be that some of the buttons on your keyboard are very sensitive to the touch.
How long are you holding it down and/or how much pressure are you applying when you press?

Try consistently doing it real fast/quick for a little bit and see if that helps.

Can you define "1st Plan"?
Exactly how in the background?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
popo

Post by popo »

1st plan mean = on top = windows on which mouse/keyboard has effect. Already tried applying shorter/longer pressure, no change.

Shortcut is Fn+Right/Left arrow. I used arrow key by itself in apps to see if it was indeed recording two push, but no. NEVER.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have Silence Between Songs installed?
popo

Post by popo »

Not most of them.. You probably thinking about the option that cuts empty parts? I can't find it..
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Silence Between Songs is a script http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ween+songs
but it supposedly has or had a bug that caused a track to skip.

also, check out settings for Options > Player > Output Plugins > find output plugin in use (the one with filled circle) > Configure > uncheck Remove silence at beg./end
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
popo

Post by popo »

No change sadly. Also removed "fade between tracks just to see". Once again i insist on the fact it NEVER happens when app's on 1st plan.

If it was what you just said, it would happen there too. I tried to change output driver too but of course no change. Out of ideas!
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

popo wrote:Once again i insist on the fact it NEVER happens when app's on 1st plan. If it was what you just said, it would happen there too.
Sure, but my approach is try anything and everything that sounds like it might be even "remotely" related.
Sometimes what seems the most logical isn't always the culprit, as logic and truth are not the same thing :wink:
...but I get what you are sayin' :D

Not sure what's going on, maybe someone else has some more ideas.
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Go through your Hotkeys settings (Tools - Options - Hotkeys). Maybe there are multiple set for Next track.
hikki

Post by hikki »

Having this problem and checked the shortcuts, nothing's wrong.. Any more ideas?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

hikki wrote:Any more ideas?
If you've already tried all the suggestions in this thread, I will take a stab in the dark at it.
....and this probably has nothing to do with it, but do you have the latest software for your keyboard?
Are the media keys programmed properly?

Does your keyboard even need the software to use the media keys or do they work independently?

Also what version of MM are you using? You might want to consider updating to 4.1.5.1712b
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &start=210.
😜
hikki

Post by hikki »

Was there any fix regarding hotkeys? If not then i guess it's useless to try the beta. I use a thinkpad computer that came out in 2011. If that can help devs..
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not aware of any skipping issue being known other than the above posted Silence Between Songs. However it's always worth it to update to the latest beta when troubleshooting problems.