Moving MetadataCache

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

inemetz

Moving MetadataCache

Post by inemetz »

Is there a way to move the MetadataCache directory to somewhere else ? My system drive doesn't have room for 30,000 thumbnails.

Also, are the entries in mediamonkey.ini documented somewhere ? I like to tinker :)

Thanks,

Irwin
MMFrLife

Re: Moving MetadataCache

Post by MMFrLife »

MetadataCache: you can just periodically delete it (even the whole folder, as MM will just regenerate a fresh one when it needs it for MM process).
Those images are very small. Even at mass doses, they shouldn't take up much space. You must be having some "serious" storage issues.

on .ini, there isn't a manual or document that details what they are and how to modify. But there are people here that will help/answer questions if you want to change,
set or clear something.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Re: Moving MetadataCache

Post by Lowlander »

The MetaDataCache folder isn't stored in the MediaMonkey Temp folder so it seems it can't be moved by the user. I'm not sure what it is used for as mine is empty.