is there a way to search all playlists?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

paradive

is there a way to search all playlists?

Post by paradive »

i've been using Windows Grep to search my playlists folder when i check to see if i'm about to add a duplicate (with WMP playlists).

it reads the mm.db but i'ts almost impossible to see what i'm looking at. =/
yarguy

Re: is there a way to search all playlists?

Post by yarguy »

MM will warn you if you are about to add duplicates to a playlist and allow you to canbcel the add. No need to search the list before you add to see if the tracks are already there.
paradive

Post by paradive »

yarguy wrote:MM will warn you if you are about to add duplicates to a playlist and allow you to canbcel the add. No need to search the list before you add to see if the tracks are already there.
yeah, that would be great if i only had 1 or 2 playlists....

i have about 50.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

So, you are worried that some of your playlists could "already" have dups?
Because, otherwise, it doesn't matter how many you have, it will tell you when you are ready to add something new to any one of them.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
paradive

Post by paradive »

MMFrLife wrote:So, you are worried that some of your playlists could "already" have dups?
exactly.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I can't think of a special/magical way of searching playlists for that particular purpose, but, unless
your playlists consist of 100s of songs, you could open about 6 or 7 of them a day inside of mm and
just glance them over. You'd be done in about a week.

Otherwise, "maybe" Advanced Duplicate Find and Fix has a feature that will search playlists open in MM.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... +Duplicate
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜