Broken database links after NAS firmware update

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Toemmel

Broken database links after NAS firmware update

Post by Toemmel »

Hello forum,

today I've performed a firmware update of my QNAP TS-210 NAS (version 4.10). The update has been successfull and my system works properly.

But MM (version 4.14, windows 7 64-bit) now has a problem with the songs database:

All songs are grayed and don't play. The correct path to the songs former has been M:\Jukebox\... Now the path is [music]\Jukebox\...

'music' is the name of the network share for drive M: on my NAS.

I have two questions:
1.) What is the reason for the broken links?
2.) What is the best way to update my database to the correct paths?

I have a lot of playlists, and I cannot re-read all songs in a completely new database...

Thank you very much for any instructions!
Tömmel
dtsig

Re: Broken database links after NAS firmware update

Post by dtsig »

1) are you sure that your music is available ... say from filexplorer?
2) if yes then you might be able to do a file->locate move-missing files

This normally happens when the drive has been removed and MMW is unable to find the file.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Have you tried:

Entire Library > select all > File > Locate Moved/Missing Files > choose appropriate folder(s) > Update ?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is why it's recommended to use the UNC Path (eg. \\NASName\folder) instead of Mapped Drives. The problem you're likely having is that the driveID has changed for the M Mapped Drive and thus MediaMonkey can't find it.

You can use Locate > Moved/Missing Files on selected files as suggested above or use: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=63823
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

Hi MMFrLife and Lowlander!

The function...
Entire Library > select all > File > Locate Moved/Missing Files > choose appropriate folder(s) > Update ?
... wasn't successful. But it's possible, that I've forgot the "select all" command at the beginning. The scan has required a lot of time, so I didn't test it for a second time.

But I used the tool as suggested by Lowlander. It run perfectly! My database is updated now and works again! :D

Thank you very much for your support!
Tömmel
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'd personally use the Addon if a changed driveID is the issue, as Locate Moved/Missing Files can have incorrect matches.