copy user interface to new pc

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry W G

Post by Barry W G »

Where would I find the files that determine my current MM interface. I have bought a new PC and want to transfer the files to it so I do not have to manually set up my MM interface on the new PC.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Barry w g

Post by Barry w g »

Where would I find the files that determine my current MM interface. I have bought a new PC and want to transfer the files to it so I do not have to manually set up my MM interface on the new PC.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Re: copy user interface to new pc

Post by Lowlander »

I suggest you do it manually.

There is the database, the ini and the registry (especially for interface) that are used for settings. For DB and ini see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... -ini-files and http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... w_computer
Peke

Post by Peke »

In addition I've found that the best way is to copy DB from old PC and buy External Enclosure (<$10)for HDD from old PC than you just need to use it to connect JDD to new PC and all is back/working. After that if you want just Use Auto-Organize with mask "?:\<Folder>\<Filename>" (Replace ? with desired drive letter).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I would recommend doing what lowlander suggests follow the link
(with .ini and registry files added to database copy/transfer process).
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜