Volume strangely re-leveled

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Charade

Volume strangely re-leveled

Post by Charade »

Hello,

Is it normal that when I level the volume, some songs that were already leveled change again? What does that mean? What would happen if I leveled them again and again?

Thank you!

Charade
rovingcowboy

Re: Volume strangely re-leveled

Post by rovingcowboy »

If you set the play back level then analyze some songs then change the level yes all the songs will adjust. Don't use the leveling it will change the files and if you do them again the leveling will change them to the % of the first change thus lowering the volume.
In other words it's like this
analysis = level play back of songs no files changed..
leveling = level play back of songs by cutting the files volume amount like mowing the grass and changing the file. But it won't grow the volume back.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

First did you Level or Analyze? If you re-Analyze and incorrect or manually adjusted levels will be fixed. If you Level it will level the volume and adjust the Analyze Volume values (Track and Album Volume) accordingly.
Charade

Post by Charade »

I analyzed first, then I leveled. I did not change anything between the leveling.

I made another try just minutes ago: I analyzed then leveled about 150 songs, and I leveled again and again the same list (doing nothing else). Every time, there were some songs that were changed!

My song are all in MP3, and I ripped them in maximum quality possible. I have read that MP3 files do not lose sound quality by changing their volume level, so I am not afraid to do it. The only thing that scares me a bit, because I do not understand it, is the present issue...

Thank you again for your help!

Charade