restricting searches

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

restricting searches

Post by MMFrLife »

Is there a way to restrict a search term(s) in the title field without using advance search?

If I use Title:reach out, it gives me everything with "reach out", "reach" and "out" in the title.
If I use Ttile:"reach out" it gives me only titles that have that exact combination but that also have other terms/words with it.

I only want "reach out" in the title and nothing else.

Is there a way to do the "minus" thing to exclude everything before and after it?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
๐Ÿ˜œ
dtsig

Re: restricting searches

Post by dtsig »

I hope there is a good response to this .. but i have never found a way to have and '=' ... just 'like'
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

So, look at the stuff regarding NOT to see that it can't be done or that it can be?

How do you symbolize negating "everything else" with NOT or a - (minus)?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
๐Ÿ˜œ
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I would assume that it isn't possible as you're not look for NOT, but looking for an actual exact match instead and that isn't possible (exact match is on the value in between "" occurring as is in the searched value.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Yep, that's what I figured. I appreciate the help as always!
I mean, the other way (title:"reach out") gets it close enough without having to use advanced.
Would be sweet if possible, though.
๐Ÿ˜œ
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander wrote:I would assume that it isn't possible as you're not look for NOT, but looking for an actual exact match instead and that isn't possible (exact match is on the value in between "" occurring as is in the searched value.
Lowlander .. do you know if this is something on the backburner to be fixed or just another "it's close enough". It would be nice to find what you are searching for without all the chafe. Thanks
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Ability to do = in quick search

Post by dtsig »

Currently does does not appear to be a way to do an = in the quicksearch. so add something like
Artist:=(what it has to equal)
Artist:=Frank Zappa

Should not show Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I presume it will be left as is as the Advanced Search takes care of Advanced needs.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander wrote:I presume it will be left as is as the Advanced Search takes care of Advanced needs.
<g> "... advanced needs ... " <G>

Thanks
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig