MM resets every time I reboot my PC

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Flashgordonv

MM resets every time I reboot my PC

Post by Flashgordonv »

SO I am running the latest version of MM Pro. I install it, I spend hours customising it and all is good. Then for whatever reason I reboot the PC, (after closing MM). When it restarts, all my data is gone, it is like a new install and the welcome/ setup screen appears. I have de-installed/ re-installed a couple of times but the same behaviour.

This is very irritating. I have taken to physically backing up the database , scripts skins etc but I would like the behaviour to be fixed. I am running Win 8.1.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Lowlander

Re: MM resets every time I reboot my PC

Post by Lowlander »

Does it also happen if you close MM and restart MM without reboot?
Flashgordonv

Post by Flashgordonv »

Lowlander wrote:Does it also happen if you close MM and restart MM without reboot?
It depends on how long between attempts. if I shut MM and restart it, no issues. If I leave it closed overnight and then start it, it will start fresh.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'd suggest to capture both the close and start in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69

Have you made sure no security/backup software is interfering by restoring to a previous state?
withakw

Post by withakw »

Hi
I am using MM 4.1.16.1836 and I am randomly getting this problem where MM starts and goes into the welcome setup screen. It is OK if I stop and start in the same day but after a PC start it will put up the Welcome set up screen. Sometimes it will go a couple of weeks without this happening but this week I got it today and yesterday
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »