storage transfer

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

dkstott

storage transfer

Post by dkstott »

I had all of my 110 G of music on a 500G external hard drive and maintained it via MMW. But the hard drive was starting to make clacking noises... Even though it was working fine, I purchased a new external drive.

I did a full copy of the files from the old drive to the new drive. Since it was a "simple" transfer, the file structure remained exactly the same

After it was done MMW randomly lost a lot of artwork tags and some tracks within an album became disconnected. It took me about 2-3 hours to resolve all of the various issues.

USB sync was going to days to take several days to complete & it didn't seem like MMW liked it.

I'm wondering if there is a better way for me to have transferred the 110G of music from the old hard drive to the new one that would avoid the issues.

Dave
dtsig

Re: storage transfer

Post by dtsig »

You should always use the mmW tools because of the funny nature they used the drive name/number.

Ctrl-R (auto-file something or other) allows you to move selected files to another drive using any structure you want. That way the database gets updated at the same time.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Re: storage transfer

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Auto-Organize Files.