adding/linking booklets images/info to albums/songs

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

dokklaus

adding/linking booklets images/info to albums/songs

Post by dokklaus »

Hi,
I am new to this program and at the moment my main reason I do not want to use itunes anymore is that I think it does not allow me to link scanned imaged or even a pdf file to a song/album (I can put multiple files into artwork, but those are small and not available the way I'd like them to be, see below).
I am recording my old vinyl records. In addition to the music I scan in the covers (some of them are autographed) and booklets and sometimes the record labels too. Those scan I can scan into individual jpgs or like the booklet into a pdf file. This way I have all electronically. I would hope the images themselves are not embedded in the media file to keep this small?
I know I can get like the front image as artwork - great, but what do I do with all the other scans? booklet?
I am hoping your program will allow me to click somewhere and let me see (on a big screen not just like a thumbnail) those scans pages (since I want to be able to read the comments info clearly). This way I want to look through the scans while listening to the music,... My newest scanner creates like a pdf file from all scans, this why I only have one file I can open and scroll through.
Is there a way to achieve my goal with the Mediamonkey software or an add-on product. In addition I guess one might want to add a link to websites like with more info to a song/album or reviews or my personal notes,... The idea is to be able to link things in general to songs/albums maybe composers,... Like pointing to another song like with the same title but different singer/band,...
I would appreciate your thoughts
Thanks
Klaus
dtsig

Re: adding/linking booklets images/info to albums/songs

Post by dtsig »

You can add to the library by going to the artwork tab in the properties window (tools->properties or right-click on track or Shift-Enter). Then click the ADD button and you will then select the track you artwork you want. When it comes back there is a drop down that allows you to select 'image type'. Here you can have Front, cover etc.
There doesn't appear to be anywhere you can view the other images but ..
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MMFrLife

Re: adding/linking booklets images/info to albums/songs

Post by MMFrLife »

dokklaus wrote:I would hope the images themselves are not embedded in the media file to keep this small?
I know I can get like the front image as artwork - great, but what do I do with all the other scans? booklet?
Unless you are talking about "tons" of images and "very large" sizes (actual data) per file, embedding several to a file shouldn't increase the size by all that much.
dokklaus wrote:I am hoping your program will allow me to click somewhere and let me see (on a big screen not just like a thumbnail) those scans pages (since I want to be able to read the comments info clearly). This way I want to look through the scans while listening to the music,... My newest scanner creates like a pdf file from all scans, this why I only have one file I can open and scroll through.
Unfortunately, you can't really "open" (in the way you want) the image files for a music file unless they are embedded. You can do a
quick double click on the image from "art & details" pane and it will enlarge to an independent window. But even so, you would have to close that first image and right click on "art & details" view again to select and enlarge the next image. There is no corner "next" button or auto slideshow ability in the enlarged window (a feature sorely lacking). You can't link a file to a PDF for auto-opening either.
Also, I'm not aware of an addon/script that will do exactly what you want.
dokklaus wrote:In addition I guess one might want to add a link to websites like with more info to a song/album or reviews or my personal notes
You can use Tools > Options > Library > Appearance > Show links in file list (little upturned arrows)
This will show arrowed internet links to artist/album/song info
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜