ALL files suddenly appear in MM, search and delete issues

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

dancingqueen

ALL files suddenly appear in MM, search and delete issues

Post by dancingqueen »

ALL my computer files suddenly appeared in MM including programs, documents, etc but had NOT been selected through "Add/Rescan Folders". I'm using MM Free 4.1.7, Windows 7. When I try to delete a folder from MM, I don't get the usual options of "Delete from library only/Delete from libary and computer", just the normal Windows box "Delete Folder - Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" If I say yes, it gets deleted from MM and my computer. Also when I search for something that I know and can see in the MM library, it can't find anything. (I have selected the appropriate search fields through "Tools").
I uninstalled MM and downloaded a new copy, but after installation the same issues happened. I uninstalled and reinstalled again, still the same things happen. I have about 48,000 media files, mostly just audio, so takes about 4 hours for everything to be rescanned into the library.
I've used MM successfully for several years until recently when I started having these issues.
I'm not very tech-savvy, but I can follow clear instructions and am desperate to get my MM working properly. This is the first time I have ever blogged on anything. Would really appreciate some help.
Lowlander

Re: ALL files suddenly appear in MM, search and delete issue

Post by Lowlander »

Perhaps you're working in the My Computer node, which bypasses the Library.
dancingqueen

Post by dancingqueen »

Lowlander wrote:Perhaps you're working in the My Computer node, which bypasses the Library.
Thanks Lowlander, you're probably right, I now notice a tab at the top "My Computer". I'm sorry but I don't understand what "My Computer node" means or how I got into it in the first place and don't know how to get out of it. Can you please explain (step by step) how to get out of it. Thanks in advance.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

'My Computer' is just the same (well almost) as when you see it in File Explorer. You are looking at all the items on your computer.

One thing to remember .. the tabs are dynamic .. not static. This is a bad feature of the tabs. This means that you may have a tab set to Music. But if you accidentally (or intentionally because you want to look at something else) click on another art of the Media Tree .. say Video .. then the tab changes to video. The tabs should be able to be sticky but .. that is for another thread.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dancingqueen

Post by dancingqueen »

Thanks for your help, one click of the mouse and all issues solved ... so easy once you understand what's happened.