Moved Files Not detected

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Mcflorida1

Moved Files Not detected

Post by Mcflorida1 »

I used Windows and moved the Complete Music Library from a Failing NAD to a new Network Drive. MMM Finds the Library after rescanning this new drive. Existing Playlists show the Old Path. When I Select the complete Playlist and use the "locate missing files" Function it does not find the Music. I spotted some clues on the forum about exporting the playlist to notepad , and editing the Path, and re-importing but this seems like a lot of work.
Is there something I am doing wrong on the Locate function?
MMFrLife

Re: Moved Files Not detected

Post by MMFrLife »

Mcflorida1 wrote:I used Windows and moved the Complete Music Library from a Failing NAD to a new Network Drive. MMM Finds the Library after rescanning this new drive. Existing Playlists show the Old Path. When I Select the complete Playlist and use the "locate missing files" Function it does not find the Music. I spotted some clues on the forum about exporting the playlist to notepad , and editing the Path, and re-importing but this seems like a lot of work.
Is there something I am doing wrong on the Locate function?
Did you try Locate... on your music drive/folder (select all) in general (not selecting playlists)?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Mcflorida1

Post by Mcflorida1 »

The functions of selecting were to look for music and how to select the drives always seems a little cumbersome on MM.
This is more difficult if the Drive is on the network but not mapped to Windows.
When I added the files in the new directory location using the File - Add/ Rescan Command I learned to include the new location and the Music appears in the Music Directory. After adding them I did not select the Library and use the File - Locate Missing files command. Since I had them all in the directory and I can play them, it did not seem that they are missing. The issue is just with the Playlist not locating them and showing the old path on each of the playlist file properties.

Also - when I use the File - Locate function, the Network Path Location of the Music location I use in the File - Add/ rescan command is not a search choice shown, so it appears it is not mapped to MM.
I would think that the File - Locate command should list the current Music-Location paths under the Music Directory. IS this the problem?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Anything in these articles ring a bell in relation to your problem?
here (#3) or Here
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜