Send to... Rip/Convert... Ogg keeps dying

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Scottes

Send to... Rip/Convert... Ogg keeps dying

Post by Scottes » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Using 4.1.9.1764. Converting ~1900 FLACs to Ogg 256 using Send To... Folder (Rip/Convert) and choosing Ogg @ Quality 8 (256 Kbps). The process keeps dying, no errors, it just goes away on the status bar.

It does seem to leave a background mediamonkey.exe process running, but I'm not positive.

Converting to MP3 @ 256 Kbps runs fine.

What can I do to debug and/or provide needed details?
MonkeyMatch - Find and fix similar/incorrect spellings
MonkeyMatch Thread

joe-s

Re: Send to... Rip/Convert... Ogg keeps dying

Post by joe-s » Tue May 17, 2016 1:29 pm

i have the same problem!
still no help?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Tue May 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Which version of MediaMonkey?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

joe-s

Post by joe-s » Wed May 25, 2016 2:54 pm

this did help me:
MediaMonkey version 4.0.3.1476
Windows Explorer addon "Folder Size" not running

I could fix the problem in the meantime and wanted to post my solution anyway, so here it is.
I have spent hours to fix it but will report only the major steps i think i have made.

1. I have stopped a lot of services on my PC like Antivirus, Dropbox, Apple Cloud, and any other service I thought does interact with the file system as i guess the error message in the system log did give some hint for that. As well i did disable the program "Folder Size" which is an addon for Windows Explorer, this gets important later...

this did not help

2. then i started to roll back the MediaMonkey versions. I have all distributions from version 3.2.0.1294 until 4.1.10.1778 which are excactly 17 versions in my download archive (i allways keep that with all programs;) I made about 5 steps or so, going back about 3 versions with every step. I am sure i have tried again to close all other apps in background with no success somewhere between my rollback steps.

this did not help

3. when I did arrive at version 4.0.3.1476 i got an on screen error message instead of ogg conversion just dying. The error message was more specific about file in use or locked or something. I again started to close background services, as soon as I stopped "Folder Size", it did work. Maybe if i would had disabled "Folder Size" some versions above it would have worked too. Any other background task was no problem. So I could convert about 5000 wma files to ogg without any trouble anymore.

this did help me:
MediaMonkey version 4.0.3.1476
explorer addon "Folder Size" not running

joe-s