Gapless playback on network location

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

pdlourenco

Gapless playback on network location

Post by pdlourenco »

Hello guys!

I've been using MediaMonkey for a long time now, and I love it, especially its library management capabilities.

Recently, I've acquired a NAS and moved all my music there. I've got a USB-to-SPDIF converter that I connect to my integrated amp, and it works fine with the WASAPI output (disabling event-driven mode) plugin. However, I cannot achieve gapless playback no matter what minimal buffer I define on the "advanced" options. I also tried the ASIO plugin to no avail.

Is there any way to increase the network buffer while using WASAPI? I've been using foobar as a workaround and it works perfectly, but I prefer MM's superior library management...

PS: Playing around with the waveOut plugin gives me gapless, but is this "bit-perfect"?
Lowlander

Re: Gapless playback on network location

Post by Lowlander »

Are you playing from the Media Server or the File Server on the NAS?
pdlourenco wrote:PS: Playing around with the waveOut plugin gives me gapless, but is this "bit-perfect"?
That doesn't matter if it sounds good to you.
pdlourenco

Post by pdlourenco »

I'm using a samba share that I added to MM's library.
Lowlander wrote:That doesn't matter if it sounds good to you.
Yes, I suppose that's the most important. But the thing is that waveOut does not guarantee exclusive mode, which is something I'd like to have. Furthermore, if I use directsound or waveOut, windows will up/downsample to the predetermined sample rate for shared mode and I'd like to avoid that if possible.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then capture a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
pdlourenco

Post by pdlourenco »

Thanks, will do ;)