Return to library after searching?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Benguest

Return to library after searching?

Post by Benguest »

I keep my screen organized with the entire library taking up my left 80% and my now playing on my right 20%.

A lot of the time I search for a track or album using my search bar. This, predictably, changes my left pane to "Search Results/Contains: "[]"". Then, after I'm done, I clear the search bar.

The majority of the time, it returns me to my "Entire Library". The rest of the time, maybe 40% of the time, it returns me to one of the following:
  • The last playlist I opened
  • "Playlists" (displaying no tracks)
  • A seemingly random previous search query
Any idea why it's doing that, and how to make it stop?
MMFrLife

Re: Return to library after searching?

Post by MMFrLife »

Benguest wrote:A lot of the time I search for a track or album using my search bar. This, predictably, changes my left pane to "Search Results/Contains: "[]"".
Simple search in the search field > shows Search Results contains: "name of song"
Benguest wrote:The majority of the time, it returns me to my "Entire Library". The rest of the time, maybe 40% of the time, it returns me to one of the following:
Where are you "starting" your searches from (entire library, playlists, etc.) when these percentages occur?
Or, do you always do a search from a single parameter like Enitre Library when this happens?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
benguestw45634

Post by benguestw45634 »

MMFrLife wrote:
Benguest wrote:A lot of the time I search for a track or album using my search bar. This, predictably, changes my left pane to "Search Results/Contains: "[]"".
Simple search in the search field > shows Search Results contains: "name of song"
Benguest wrote:The majority of the time, it returns me to my "Entire Library". The rest of the time, maybe 40% of the time, it returns me to one of the following:
Where are you "starting" your searches from (entire library, playlists, etc.) when these percentages occur?
Or, do you always do a search from a single parameter like Enitre Library when this happens?
My panes are always "Entire Library" and "Now Playing." I am always searching "Current Collection". These are the all the case 100% of the time. I don't use playlists or any other view. I've opened playlists intentionally maybe 5 times in the previous 3 years of using mediamonkey.

After further testing it appears to be partially reproducible, although I'm sure the terms would depend on the specific contents of each music library. For instance, when I type "Smashing" it returns to my entire library, while when I type "Black" or "Testing" it ends me on "Playlists" (why anyone would want to be there, since it displays literally no songs, is anyone's guess). If I then search "Smashing" from playlists and delete it, MM brings me back to my entire library.

I say "Partially" because I can't predict when it will return to displaying search results. For instance, my last test was to type "Smashing" again from my entire library, and got results including my smashing pumpkins albums. When I deleted this (expecting to return once again to my library) it instead displayed Search Results/Contains: "Smashin". Note the lack of G. it deleted the G and decided it was done for the day. I did it another time and it displayed search results for "hel" so no, it's not always the start of my current search.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I'm unable to reproduce. What version of MediaMonkey are you using?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Peke

Post by Peke »

me neither, make sure that you use latest MMW version.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts