Error code 53006

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Error code 53006

Post by Guest »

Hi all

I see (on this board) that my question has been asked before, but I cannot find an answer that is solving my problem

I have burnt over 200 CD's using MediaMonkey version, without any problems.
Suddenly that stopped and Mediamonkey produced the message:
Illegal request:, error code 53006 (and I believe 53004 or 53009, it's been a while since I have seen those)

I have tried many things to correct this:
- I used to "test and burn" the CD's. After changing this to just "Burn" I was able to burn a CD, but my CD player can't use it, it keeps "reading" the cd
- I turned of the "on the fly burning". Again I was able to burn a CD, with the above mentioned problem: the CD reader keeps reading it
- I have completely reinstalled Windows 7 (64b) only to encounter the same problems

Is there a way to correct this, or is it the end of the (mediamonkey) road?

Thanks in advance
Hein
Ludek

Re: Error code 53006

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
looking at http://users.telenet.be/erik.deppe/trou ... rcodes.htm it seems to be really illegal request error, just wonder why it showns the error suddenly if you were able to burnt 200 CD's using MediaMonkey before without problems.

Seeing that you reinstalled Windows 7 and MediaMonkey then the only idea that I have that something must changed regarding your drive or inserted media? Did you try to insert another empty CD to see whether it solves the problem?

Are you able to burn CDs using other apps (to exclude the drive issue)?

Post by Guest »

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for your reply.
In my 1st thread, I forgot to mention that I have bought and installed a brand new (LG) dvd rewriter.
This helped nada/nothing

BTW: I burnt all of the 200+ cd's using the option "test and burn".
If I change this to just "burn" and switch off the "on the fly audio burning" option I can burn CD's
Only: my CD player can't play these CD's. It keeps looking for something (an index / contents list?) and makes a lot of noise doing that (bliep bliep bliep bliep etc...)

As for your other question: yes I have tried to burn many, many empty CD's, all with the same result.

After the re-installation of Windows 7 (64b) I stayed away from internet, so I guess that a virus is not present.

What to do?!

Hein
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, if the CD player cannot play it then you could try to switch burn method from [disc-at-once] to [track-at-once] or vice versa whether it solves the issue?
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

Can you successfully burn an audio cd using a different application and do these play on your CD players. Are the discs you are burning being finalized.

Post by Guest »

Hi Ludek

I did as you suggested and, alas, no sucg luck
The result is the same: "Illegal request:, error code 53006"

Maybe some more information:
the simulation process takes about 6 to 8 mins
After that is finished the actual burning proces starts, indicating that it will take (with the last try) 1100 mins to complete
Almost immediately after that indication appears the whole proces stops, and the message appaers.
Does this shed some light on the matter.

Alan: I dit a test with another programm with the same result: it burnt OK but my CD player has difficulty reading it
Which programm it was I cannot recall, I think it was deleted when I completely re installed Windows 7

Hein
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

One thing you could check is that your cd burner is not stuck in PIO mode, I would provide a link to show you how to check but I'm on my phone, a quick Google search will give you lots of results.

Post by Guest »

Hi Alan

I did as you suggested and all I can find are ATA channel that appear to be at DMA mode

I found 2 ATA channel 0 with the 1st being empty (in the "device section")
The other has:
target ID = 0
devicetype = atats disc
currentmode = ultra dma mode 5

I also found
1 ATA channel 1
1 ATA channel 2
1 ATA channel 3 with also an empty device section

All the device properties have the "Enable DMA" set to Yes

This is an area I am unfamiliair with, so I don't know what to do.
Is it strange to have 2 ATA channels 0?
Especially when 1 seems to be empty. Is deleting it an option? Maybe there are conflicts that MediaMonkey doesn't know how to handle?

Hein
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

If memory serves me correct the first is usually the controller itself and then you have the primary and secondary controller. I'm on windows 10 now so I cant check on my system.

The reason I suggested checking was cos when it drops to PIO it results in really long burns and a resource hungry burn.
You need to go back to basics and start eliminating things one by one.

Heres what I would do.

Download Imgburn and use it to burn a CD. test this CD in more than one player. I noticed you said your player gets stuck on reading the discs you burn(this could be cos the player is on its way out)
Peke

Post by Peke »

I know this is not solution, but out of suddenly 7 CD/DVD burners on 5 PCs stopped to burn recognize Disks and they worked for the past 10+ years.

How I found it: One of PCs couldn't Boot up using USB Drive so I wanted to BURN ISO to upgrade to Windows 10, Next you can imagine.... Well I ended with buying one new drive and burned ISO.

I need to put them all together and connect them to Win XP and see what heck is going on.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts

Post by Guest »

Hi all,

Thanks you for all your good advise.
I have tried many things, nothing worked, so I have come to accept that maybe it is my computer that's the problem.

What I'm doing right now is burn all my music to DVD's (± 10 CD on 1 DVD), store it for now, buy a new computer if the budget is right and try again.

So thank you for all of your trouble

Hein
Jack Burke

Post by Jack Burke »

I too am having this error code pop up suddenly, and it's occurred seemingly right after the latest Media Monkey upgrade, my thinking is it's either a bug or something a little more sinister really, as I just can't figure out why all the sudden I can't burn a CD? and no one at element 5 has an idea why??? I am not happy at all. I do not want to have to do all this running all over to "re-configure" my computer and it's operations to get something to work that had up till now worked just fine... more than ten years I've been a customer here with media monkey, always was happy with it and had referred it to all my friends who also bought it at one time or another... now this? C'mon!
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi Jack,
I doubt that it could be caused by the MediaMonkey upgrade as the burning engine / code hasn't been touched for several years.
You can verify it by downgrading MediaMonkey, but I am quite sure that it won't help.
I guess that it was a coincidence and something happened with your burning drive (laser condition?), Windows (update?) or drivers (update?).
You could try to go back to a Windows restore point to solve this?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

You could also try "Run Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow")" at command prompt. Google it for details.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Aidonithith

Error code 53006

Post by Aidonithith »

Hi all,

Is there anybody that has (or had) the same problems I'm having.

After having burnt 200+ CD using Media Monkey, without any problems, this suddenly stopped.
I am used to use the option "test and burn", together with [disc-at-once].

What happens is that the test - simulation takes about 6 to 8 mins.
When that's complete it tries to start the actual burn proces.
The time indication gives an estimated time of (the last time) 1100 mins.
Then the mesage
"
Illegal request:, error code 53006
"
appears, and the CD gets ejected.

I have tried all possible option (off/on), e.g. "on the fly audio burning"

Is there anybody that had similar problems, and if so, how did you solve that.

I have completely re-installed Windows 7 (64b), used a new copy of Media Monkey, nothing helped.

What to do?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post