[SOLVED] Can't see Main Menu Bar

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bhendry

[SOLVED] Can't see Main Menu Bar

Post by bhendry » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:29 pm

I have just recently abandoned WinAmp, and started using Media Monkey. I'm not very familiar with the interface, and have somehow hidden the main menu bar. Can someone please explain how to recover it?

Thanks.
Cheers,

Bob Hendry
Southern Maryland

Lowlander

Re: Can't see Main Menu Bar

Post by Lowlander » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:39 pm

View > Main Menu Bar in the main menu bar. The main menu bar is still accessible, just in a small format.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

bhendry

Post by bhendry » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Thanks Lowlander.

The problem was - there is no menu bar with View in it. But, as it turns out, I was Right-clicking in the area where it should be. Nothing, nada, Gar nichts! When I left-clicked in the same space, low and behold, the menu bar returned! Problem solved Go figure . . .

Cheers,

Bob H.

MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:05 pm

bhendry wrote:Thanks Lowlander.

The problem was - there is no menu bar with View in it. But, as it turns out, I was Right-clicking in the area where it should be. Nothing, nada, Gar nichts! When I left-clicked in the same space, low and behold, the menu bar returned! Problem solved Go figure . . .
Glad you got it back :)
Interesting, usually there is still the word "Menu" when the menu is disable on the "program border". If you "left" click on the word "Menu" it's supposed to reappear.
Is that what you are talking about? Was it really just nada?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]

ZenGeekDad

Post by ZenGeekDad » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:38 pm

alt-V opens the view menu (even when the main menu bar is not visible).
Once there, check the main menu bar to make it visible again.

José

Post by José » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:22 am

Alt-M activates Main Menu

Andyee

Post by Andyee » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:55 pm

I had the same issue, and after 30 minutes and 2 re-installs, by accident I clicked to the left of the word "Web" on the line directly above the menu bar. There may be very light gray rectangle showing or just a blank space. If you click on that area the file, view etc. menus appear.

Finsternis

Post by Finsternis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:08 pm

I am having the exact same problem. Unwisely turned off the menu bar while trying to figure out how to turn off what I see now is called the "column bar", and now the menu bar is completely gone. I have tried the previous answers - I left and right-clicked about every pixel near the top of the MM window, I have scrutinized every option, even the greyed-out ones. I see no word "web" to click near. Alt+V does nothing.

1) How do I get the menu bar back?

2) Why is there even an option to turn it off when there are so many things that are only available there, and it's so difficult to turn back on?

3) Why does the "column browser" have its own special button for toggling on and off when everything else is in the "view" menu? That is a silly and inconsistent interface decision. The column browser toggle should be in the View menu with everything else.

Peke

Post by Peke » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Try to click on a empty space from MMW icon and TAB and you should get Menu where in View you can enable Main Menu Bar.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:25 am

Var.1) Alt-M activates Main Menu Bar AND immediately click on the "VIEW" and "Main menu bar".

Var.2) At the top left you can see the MM logo. Show it with the mouse (NO mouse click)
Move the mouse very slowly to the right - then "Menue" will appear - click on it
AND immediately click on the "VIEW" and "Main menu bar".

Restart MM
MMW 4.1.25.1895 Gold | Design: GLIDED 18px --- View: DETAIL
CustomFieldsTagger 1.0.3.0 | Discogs Tagger 5.7.1 | External Tools 1.4. | FindCurrentPlayingTrack 1.3.2
Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2.0.0 | Randomise Playlist 1.3. | Shortcut Creator 1.0
MMA 1.3.6.0881 Beta-Tester | Huawei Mate 20 Pro 128GB | Android 9 | USB-Cable-Sync
Win 10 Pro 1903 64-Bit | Defender with real-time protection | 2 x SSD on board