Moved music files to another partition

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Masterfragbait

Moved music files to another partition

Post by Masterfragbait » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Now I have 2 listings for each entry. One is greyed out. If it helps it shows what the play count was on the grey entry. On the black entry (the one that plays) play count is 0. I realize that play count will be reset. how do I get rid of all greyed out entries. I have over 20k songs.

Thanks

dtsig

Re: Moved music files to another partition

Post by dtsig » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:45 pm

The reason the files are greyed out is because you moved the files outside of MMW and it doesn't know where they went.
The easiest thing to do is to select all the greyed items and Remove from library. You will lose your playcount but it is the easiest way.
Otherwise I would move the files back to their original position (outside of mmw like you already did) then delete the newly greyed out items. THEN use MMW to move them with Ctrl-R .. Auto-Organize to the new location.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig

rivorson

Post by rivorson » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:53 pm

If you want to keep your play counts, and assuming you've kept the same folder structure for your collection on the new partition, then the Update Location of Files in Database script will help. Remove the track listings in black from your database without deleting the files then use the script to update the base path of all of your files. It's done as a batch job so you don't need to do it for each file individually.

Masterfragbait

Post by Masterfragbait » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:18 pm

Script download worked. Thanks.
new problem-now double listings. Can that be cleaned up?
Thanks, again

Masterfragbait

Moved files to new partition on hd. now have dual listing

Post by Masterfragbait » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:37 pm

All my files have 2 or more listing. All in black and playable. How do I rfemove duplicate listings. I can't do it manually I ahve 20k songs.
Thanks
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post

rivorson

Post by rivorson » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:06 am

There are a few ways but the easiest is probably to remove everything that was added after you moved the files. If you have a Gold license then you can create an autoplaylist with a criterion based on the date added. Otherwise make sure you're in detail view (View --> Show Details) and sort your files by the Added column (right click on any column header to get a list if it's not already shown). Select everything to be removed and press delete then choose "remove from library only".

Lowlander

Re: Moved files to new partition on hd. now have dual listin

Post by Lowlander » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:06 am

Do the duplicate copies have the same Path (they shouldn't if you moved files)?

If the copies are in different folders you can remove the old folder using the Location node in the applicable Collection (ie. Music > Location) in the Media Tree.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

skipgilles

Post by skipgilles » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Perfect, that worked for me!
I must say, I found the names of the locations at the "location" node a bit obscure. Both were called HD (apparently hard drive). The one that I currently use also had the letter (D:) behind it. The unused one had no further name. This makes sense, but I didn't see it for months.