Now playing: Reading files.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

smartmart

Now playing: Reading files.

Post by smartmart »

Hi all,
Long time user of MM but have just come into a problem.
I have been tweaking the options here and there and now seem to have the "Now playing: Reading files" in the bottom bar. But all the time when a new song is selected. It makes MM hang and pretty unplayable.
I never had this problem before, so I know it's something I have done.
I have always had Auto DJ enabled with Min 5 tracks etc . Volume levelling always enabled.
What I have done is changed "add files from" Entire Library to Current Collection. But I have tried all the options in Auto DJ and nothing stopped the Now Playing..
I did have all my folders monitored but have un-checked all now.
Duplicates is un-checked now.
Volume levelling off.
Only advanced duplicate script..
I also deleted the imported playlists in the "Tree"..
I have shut down, restarted computer and MM. Still get the the Now playing: Reading files in the bottom bar.
Viewing the Now Playing from View Menu shows all tracks in Now Playing. I can EDIT and CLEAR list. But as soon as I Click on a song the Now Playing populates again. Bottom bar shows reading files, computer hangs or is so slow until files are read..
This is not just on one computer.This happens on two different computers with the same version of MM.
I do not play videos, just music. So OS integration are all un-checked.
MM version 4.1.7 Gold. I am happy with MM and don't want to update or change things now. Just get it working like it did three days ago!!
Sorry for the long post. I thought the more info the less questions I will be asked.

Thanks Martin.
smartmart normaly, with the exception of computing...
Lowlander

Re: Now playing: Reading files.

Post by Lowlander »

Are more than the selected files added to the Now Playing? If so change 'Play Now' Action back to one of the selected files only option under Tools > Options > Playback Rules.