playlists from itunes

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jef1966

playlists from itunes

Post by jef1966 »

I have a new laptop that I use for DJ/Karaoke. I had used iTunes on my other laptop. I decided to go with media monkey instead of installing iTunes on this new laptop.
My issue is that I have playlists from previous gigs on my old laptop in iTunes. I want these new playlists on media monkey on this laptop. I had used an external hard drive for all my music, karaoke, etc. I have saved all this music to the C drive on this laptop. Is there any way to recreate these playlists without doing it manually. I have kept all these playlists for reoccurring customers and I'd hate to start over but I don't want to just go back to iTunes either. I tried saving all the songs from an iTunes playlist to a file on my external drive then adding them to a new playlist in media monkey and was successful. However, the path for the playlist tracks is my external drive which was expected. I want to eliminate using the external drive (which I am still debating is a good decision) but once the external drive is detached my tracks become unable to play because of the path. With iTunes I could find missing files and create new paths for multiple tracks easily. I am new to media monkey and have searched for a resolution but can't find one. I have updated to MM gold hoping this would provide a solution but no luck. Is there any way to recreate playlists created in iTunes into MM without having to use my external drive. I may be able to just change the path for each individual track but that would be very time consuming and I want to avoid this if possible. Any suggestions on how to do this easily?
Lowlander

Re: playlists from itunes

Post by Lowlander »

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... e+location or File > Locate Moved/Missing Files to update Paths of files in the Library.

Any text editor (like Notepad) can be used to modify the Playlist files to change Path (use Replace function to do this quickly).