Portable MM

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

pushpull

Portable MM

Post by pushpull »

I have MM on my laptop with my library residing on a NAS. I am going to be going on a trip and would like to be able to listen to my music. I have copied my library over to an external hard drive. I am thinking of installing MM on a thumb drive and using that to listen and browse the hard drive instead of the MM installed on my laptop to isolate that installation from this hard drive. Does this make sense? Will there be some conflicts with the two different MM installations. Any advice? Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Portable MM

Post by Lowlander »

You can install MediaMonkey as Portable without conflict next to a regular install or other Portable installs.
pushpull

Post by pushpull »

Great. Thanks Lowlander. I was hoping that would be the case.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The only "flaws" are the inability to install MediaMonkey (any form) if any version is running and that the option to allow just one instance needs to be disable on all installs if you want to run multiple versions at the same time.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

what about the location of the library?
if i install mm portable on an external drive and e.g. besides the destination folder my folder with all the music,
will mm find the musicfolder when i plug it into another pc, where then another letter is asigned to the drive?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That is how it's supposed to work.