cleaning up library

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: cleaning up library

Post by MMFrLife »

captainkurt wrote:I want to keep the flac files and delete all old mp3 rips of those. Is there an automated way to do this? I have saved the new mp3 rips elsewhere for now.
There isn't any "specialized" way of deleting tracks. If you have the old mp3s in their own folder somewhere and they are in the MM library, you can simply go to where
they are at Entire Library > Location > right click and remove/delete them in 2 steps (press delete > choose from remove/delete menu).
If they are not all conveniently stored in a separate folder, you may be able to use the Extension and Date Added columns to gather them together.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, but if the duplicate MP3s are in a separate folder why not delete that folder?

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ate-tracks
Clawraifalls

Post by Clawraifalls »

MMFrLife wrote:
captainkurt wrote:I want to keep the flac files and delete all old mp3 rips of those. Is there an automated way to do this? I have saved the new mp3 rips elsewhere for now.
There isn't any "specialized" way of deleting tracks. If you have the old mp3s in their own folder somewhere and they are in the MM library, you can simply go to where
they are at Entire Library > Location > right click and remove/delete them in 2 steps (press delete > choose from remove/delete menu).
If they are not all conveniently stored in a separate folder, you may be able to use the Extension and Date Added columns to gather them together.

Was having trouble sorting and deleting old files myself till I ran into this thread. Thanks for the very useful info and links. Been able to clear all my old files quickly.