What is Mediamonkey COM Elevator?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Re: What is Mediamonkey COM Elevator?

Postby McVitas » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:19 pm

I managed to find a workaround:
- force quit Media Monkey via task manager
- then the COM elevator dialogue may start to respond to mose click so you can click yes
- start media monkey again and the prompt appears again but this time does not freeze and yes can be clicked
And the third time you start the app it does not ask for this anymore
McVitas

Postby Peke » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:41 pm

There is nothing wrong with COM elevator.It is simple a prompt notifying user that some application is accessing system resource and would you like to allow it or not.

MMW portable installation do not access those system resources and should not have COM prompt.

Normal Installation in order to announce itself to a system and make scripting engine available to other apps on windows NEED to write to known System Resources in order to allow other apps access MMW resources.
Best regards,
Pavle
MM Core Developer and Admin of free MediaMonkey extensions Hosting
How to add Images to forum
Peke

Postby McVitas » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:15 pm

I am sorry Mr developer, but you may want to read the actual opening post (or the last post at lease!) before replying nonsense... if it was not freezing then people would not complain.
McVitas

Postby McVitas » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Sorry, It was actually said in this thread
McVitas

Postby Ramrunner » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:27 pm

McVitas wrote:Sorry, It was actually said in this thread

Problem for me with that elevation prompt is that the kid's computers are parental locked using Microsoft Family so every time they want to listen to some music I have to actually trundle over and put in my password to allow it to do it's thing.

I would be overly happy with a simple tick box to simply disable the file association thing but alas not that easy.

Although I understand the developers are not directly responsible for it, they DO need to make it easy to prevent it from coming up all the time. This mucking around with .ini files archaic. This is not 1995 any more.
Ramrunner

Postby Peke » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi,
Why don't you simply just install MMW as portable Into C:\MMWPortable and make shortcut for all of them on Desktop?

Copy your MM.DB from Users folder to C:\MMWPortable\Portable and you are set and go.
Best regards,
Pavle
MM Core Developer and Admin of free MediaMonkey extensions Hosting
How to add Images to forum
Peke

Previous

Return to Need Help? (mmw)