Search.

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bigcebo

Search.

Post by bigcebo » Mon May 01, 2017 8:28 am

I noticed if I forget an apostrophe it will not find a match like if I type "What's Luv?" as "whats Luv?" it will not be found. is there a way around this?

MMFrLife

Re: Search.

Post by MMFrLife » Mon May 01, 2017 9:11 am

Loose the quotes in the no apostrophe example, as the quotes tell it to find "only" exactly what you type.
I think it's one of those things where you can't really simplify it. Unfortunately, it's "no accidents/paying attention/remembering to do something" either way. :-?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]

bigcebo

Post by bigcebo » Mon May 01, 2017 9:27 am

[/img]
MMFrLife wrote:Loose the quotes in the no apostrophe example, as the quotes tell it to find "only" exactly what you type.
I think it's one of those things where you can't really simplify it. Unfortunately, it's "no accidents/paying attention/remembering to do something" either way. :-?
The quotes are for the sake of the post. Im not typing quotes in the search field in the software.
[Image

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon May 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Which version of MediaMonkey and did you enable to search whole words only (Tools > Options > Search)? I have it disabled on 4.1.16 beta and whats finds both whats and what's.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife » Tue May 02, 2017 1:38 am

Ok, gotcha on the quotes. I do that all the time too. It threw me a bit this time. Since we're talking
about searching, it naturally takes on a different meaning :wink: .

To issue, when I have the same settings as Lowlander, I get the same results (I prefer "whole words only", though).
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]