Updating MM on an External Hard Drive

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

nosfera2

Updating MM on an External Hard Drive

Post by nosfera2 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:26 pm

When I've opened MM on my external drive, I'm getting the popup indicating a new version is available. However when I go to download it, I select the 'portable' option from the one window --- but this ends up creating what then opens as a 'new' version of MM without all my existing music, playlists etc, rather than upgrading the existing version as it used to do when I had it loaded on my laptop. I'm confused as to where I'm making the mistake in downloading the latest version?

Thanks for any and all help!!

Lowlander

Re: Updating MM on an External Hard Drive

Post by Lowlander » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:33 pm

In the installer select Portable and select the same folder as the existing Portable Install to install in (you may have to remove the extra MediaMonkey in the Path), then proceed with installation.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

MMFrLife

Re: Updating MM on an External Hard Drive

Post by MMFrLife » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Yeah, it's sounds like there is something slightly improper about the install path, thus creating a new, separate install.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]