Updating MM on an External Hard Drive

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

nosfera2

Updating MM on an External Hard Drive

Post by nosfera2 »

When I've opened MM on my external drive, I'm getting the popup indicating a new version is available. However when I go to download it, I select the 'portable' option from the one window --- but this ends up creating what then opens as a 'new' version of MM without all my existing music, playlists etc, rather than upgrading the existing version as it used to do when I had it loaded on my laptop. I'm confused as to where I'm making the mistake in downloading the latest version?

Thanks for any and all help!!
Lowlander

Re: Updating MM on an External Hard Drive

Post by Lowlander »

In the installer select Portable and select the same folder as the existing Portable Install to install in (you may have to remove the extra MediaMonkey in the Path), then proceed with installation.
MMFrLife

Re: Updating MM on an External Hard Drive

Post by MMFrLife »

Yeah, it's sounds like there is something slightly improper about the install path, thus creating a new, separate install.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜